Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

Wooo us Holly :rolleyes: xI really liked 'Dylan', and would've loved to go on it if it was Horror themed to it's own story... I don't like the idea of more than advertising and actually making a ride from a product... It doesn't seem right to me.The exception of this are places like Universal and Disney because they have whole parks designated to them... Rather than just one ride.

Does anybody know if there is anything planned to "shock" guests during Thrill Chill in accordance to Saw??or will it just be all the testing for the ride continued, or will they stop the testing for a few days, and work on the interior etc.To be honest, if the park did do this (eg. Hiding Billy the Puppet (jigsaw's "accomplice") over the park, watching guests) it would be one hell of an advertising campaign for the park and/or ride.I mean, if you think of it, even by just having the trains go around the track every so often, with the incredible noise that it makes, I would be attracted to it.

Does anybody know if there is anything planned to "shock" guests during Thrill Chill in accordance to Saw??or will it just be all the testing for the ride continued, or will they stop the testing for a few days, and work on the interior etc.To be honest, if the park did do this (eg. Hiding Billy the Puppet (jigsaw's "accomplice") over the park, watching guests) it would be one hell of an advertising campaign for the park and/or ride.I mean, if you think of it, even by just having the trains go around the track every so often, with the incredible noise that it makes, I would be attracted to it.

Hehe, that would be pretty good if they did that...but then it might scare the little 'uns. Meeh.They could get someone to dress up and ride around on a tricycle, give them some helium so they can do the evil high-pitched laugh he does! :rolleyes:

Hehe, that would be pretty good if they did that...but then it might scare the little 'uns. Meeh.They could get someone to dress up and ride around on a tricycle, give them some helium so they can do the evil high-pitched laugh he does! :(

Well I just checked and it seems Joe Pasquale isn't doing anything at the moment so who knows :( I think it's a bit late for Thorpe to start caring about the ' little 'uns.' don't you think :( Unless they start moving Colossus and Stealth to Chessington in exchange for Dragon's Playhouse :( Eurgh, I just want this ride to open now!Has anyone had dreams about it yet?? :(

Don't worry there are plenty of saddos on here :(Including me! Although I haven't had a dream about Saw, I've had dreams about other rides in the past, hehe! I'm looking forward to Saturday... hearing/ seeing updates from both Thorpe and Alton. I'm expecting many fanboy shots of the sexy station building!

Don't worry there are plenty of saddos on here :(

Thanks, that's very reassuring :(

You can't really call other people sad for their dreams, as you can't control what dreams you have.Would be great to see it testing tomorrow, and I'll be sure to bring back some pictures if it is (and if it isn't for the matter :().EDIT: Well Saw already seems to be ready for guests?...Clicketh

Hmmm.. I may have had dreams about this ride but getting married on it wouldn't really tickle my pickle!

^ Just what I thought :( How do you suppose they managed to persuade Thorpe to let them do it? Seeing as, they are, to Thorpe, just a couple of every-day guests; why should they be allowed to get married on SAW when it isn't even open yet?I remeber when a a woman proposed to her fiancé on Stealth. 'Twas on the news that were.Although it is a shame the couple didn't give any reviews on the ride in the article.

The ride is still in commissioning mode no? Surely what they did is either very very very bad to do during commissioning (possibly illegal to do because of H&S), or the commissioning is now finished and they are testing the ride with guests for the first time.Either way, I don't want Saw to be closed for any longer than it needs to be for what a simple marriage has done.Not that I'm being pessimistic or anything..

Yep, trains were constantly being sent around, although staff were blocking near access to the ride so it was hard to get a good view. Didn't help with Colossus being closed either! I was sitting on the train ready to go then they send us off the train and closed the queue meaning Colossus didnt open all day.