Europa Park

MikeC

Arthur and the Minimoys ride looks brilliant.

The usage of sound systems on the cars and the ability to rotate them freely and vary the speeds sounds fantastic. Along with a series of heavily themed scenes and an outdoor section looks set for a brilliant ride.

Looks another great coaster at the park and one for the family market after the additions of thrill coasters Wodan and Bluefire.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Arthur - The Ride has been delayed, and all traces of the original opening day have been removed from Europa's PR...

Now it's only fair that they get an equal amount of abuse to what Towers got when Smiler got delayed, especially given Europa have been spending a much longer time building it...

There's one difference...

Europa-Park is generally a very respected park.

Alton Towers, with their track record, is far less so :P

That said, it's a big shame that the ride has been delayed - I would image it'll open either by Easter weekend or sometime in May.

At last we're not looking at a Chiapas style delay!!!

The recent history of U turns (ride closures, closing times, temporary food outlet closures), brash sponsorship decisions (Fanta on Oblivion), repetitive delays to The Smiler and subsequent build quality problems, unrealistic marketing for coasters such as Th13teen, scaffolding tunnels under Rita...

Don't get me wrong, I love Alton Towers but I really don't think the park is in anywhere near the same league as Europa-Park - apart from physical rollercoaster hardware in some aspects.

I was referring only to rides opening on time really since that's what your post was referencing :P

But yes Europa is generally superior to most theme parks. Although surely with that logic, if you don't respect Alton that much there would be less of a reason to get on their backs about The Smiler being late, and for Europa's higher stature it would be considered a more significant issue?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From the interwebs:

BREAKING NEWS two injured workers on the "Arthur the Ride" site, the new Inverted Powered Coaster of Europa Park. Thus, during the tests which took place this afternoon, two workers have been violently hit by one of the trains of attraction. One of the two workers of 35 years would be seriously injured. A Police-led investigation is underway to determine the exact causes of the accident. Case to follow... #Aymeric Sources: Badische Zeitung (Translated by Bing)