Europa Park

MikeC

Like Benin said I guess it all goes down to opinions though. (however we can all agree that the Golden Ticket Awards are awful...)

Some people prefer parks with huge, intense coasters with sometimes little to no theming (Cedar Point etc.)

Whereas others, like myself, prefer parks with narratives and heavily themed attractions, as they can sometimes be more memorable.

And I suppose enthusiasts are the ones voting on the poll, whereas if everyday families voted, I assume parks like Disney would take the crown.

• 3 months later...

All Themepark companies are different and have their advantages and disadvantages in many ways.

Disney are (of course( the Waitrose/John Lewis of the themepatk industry, and offer high quality goods but it's very expensive and crowded.

Universal would be like Sainsburys in the way they offer all round attractiones and experiences and more reasonably priced.

Europa are the M&S in where they also offer high quality goods but it's not quite as expensive as Waitrose yet still offer brilliant additions.

Merlin are the Asda. Their quality isn't as good as those above but their goods are cheaper snd there's lots more of them around.

Hopefully someone will understand this (maybe I'm talking complete nonsense here)

All Themepark companies are different and have their advantages and disadvantages in many ways.

Disney are (of course( the Waitrose/John Lewis of the themepatk industry, and offer high quality goods but it's very expensive and crowded.

Universal would be like Sainsburys in the way they offer all round attractiones and experiences and more reasonably priced.

Europa are the M&S in where they also offer high quality goods but it's not quite as expensive as Waitrose yet still offer brilliant additions.

Merlin are the Asda. Their quality isn't as good as those above but their goods are cheaper snd there's lots more of them around.

Hopefully someone will understand this (maybe I'm talking complete nonsense here)

I understand this Matt but disagree. Europa Park is the only park I've been to so far that I would consider world class. The Merlin comparison is irrelevant, we're talking totally different scales of quality and frankly doesn't need to be bought up in this topic.  ^_^

^Agreed.

Also, in terms of attendance figures, no Merlin park is of the size nor the position to be able to get anywhere near 5 million guests!

Agreeing with position - however towers is the only park which can get nearest to that. Just need a longer open season (or a winter season) alongside some decent quality indoor/alternate attractions for them to be making up those numbers (well, closer to 4 than near 5).

• 4 weeks later...

I hold my hands up if I am wrong, this just seemed like an appropriate translation.

From doing research it looks like they do this event till midnight every year, looks like a good event however I wonder why this event is special compared to other years except the fact that it's the parks 40th year.

So, as always, Europa are doing a number of minor improvements to the park during off-season... They've posted a few pics of this work on FB:

10838037_10152583392231440_2517094785010

A man oversees their new Express Lane, which will essentially be a Travelator in the car park.

10848579_10152583391611440_5915332346918

The Kolombus ride in Spain is slightly gutted for a refurb.

10712687_10152583392061440_3082887746005

The base of Euro-Tower is getting a look-in.

10531263_10152583392571440_8970512743735

Don Quichotte restaurant also sees a gutting.

10835365_10152583393291440_1667587728385

The Italy area sees a repaint.

As always, Mack prove time and time again that they know exactly the standard required from any park in the world...

Thing I've always loved about Europa is how much they actually care about the appearance of their park, rather than it always being "zomg look at our new ride"

My point being, is the money that they spend every year could probably get them a low cost ride every year, but Mack seem to have the right balance as to what they spend their money on.

The park is an all round great experience, well presented, good ride lineup, quality food outlets and clean.

It's so well presented that last summer, I quite happily walked around for 2 hours just taking it all in. Other parks should take note that aesthetics do really count