Europa Park

MikeC

Does anyone know if they extend opening times of the main park from 1st - 4th November? I can see they do on the 31st October

Every day at EP is 6pm. However, they extend opening depending on footfall (this is done nearly every Saturday and Sunday, and every day in holiday periods). Today, for example, was 7.30pm (Sunday, 23rd September). This is announced from 2pm via the EP app, the top right hand corner of the EP website, noticeboards in the park, in the stations of major coasters, and via people on rollerskates holding up signs. During 26th October-4th November, it's "Hell Week" - I.e. the final week of main season. There will be additional events on - such as the evening Halloween light parade, DJ Bobo concert and fireworks and mediavel markets. Since the concert is on at around 7pm. you can expect ride close to be 6.30pm/7.00pm or later if its busy.

The 31st involves a special party after the park closes which is charged extra and is basically a club night with some rides (a little like a higher-brow version of Ride & Rave at TP). The 31st is typically very busy - last year, all rides stayed open till 9pm.

I am at EP from 29th Oct to 1 Nov myself, really looking forward to it.

Here's the horror nights official trailer!

• 1 month later...

2014 Rollercoaster

The construction of the 2014 family rollercoaster, which will be Europa-Park's TWELFTH coaster!!!!, was officially launched today:

Posted Image

The ride will be based around the IP "Arthur and the Invisibles", directed by Luc Besson, who is also working on this ride. It is a partnership between Europa-Park, Mack Rides and Europacorp (Luc Besson's film company). Although the name seems bland and dire - the ride is a dark ride/rollercoaster hybrid, and a prototype powered suspended coaster from Mack Rides.

It will open in 2014, and complete the full development of the Enchanted Forest (following Phase 1 in 2011 and Phase 2 which is coming in 2013). In addition to this ride, the park will add a carousel, family mini drop tower(s) and a catering outlet.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to confirm what they are doing for 2013:

Magic Cinema 4D: Being fully themed with a new interior design, all new seating. Parisian/Art Nouveau/Moulin Rouge style.

Enchanted Forest: Expansion Phase 2. Six new buildings featuring different fairytales told through animatronics, audio and story.

Eden Palladium: Fully restored 1909 Salon Carousel.

Confertainment: New Confertainment venues adjacent to the main entrance.

Nothing major

I think that given how big 2009, 2010 and 2012 were (even 2011 wasn't that small, with a fair few developments around the park/resort), 2013 was always going to be a lesser affair. However, with the long list of parkwide improvements that they always carry out - I am sure there'll be plenty of subtle changes for next season, in addition to the more major things. 2014 will be another big year (the dark ride/coaster budget is pretty big if I recall correctly), and 2015 is their 40th birthday - so another potential biggy.

A 6th hotel has been touted on a Dutch website - with a lower star rating, located adjacent to the Tipi Village (therefore, a western theme). More to come on that, hopefully.

A concept image for the Magic Cinema theming:

070113b.jpg

Image from www.eprust.com

• 2 weeks later...

2013 Season Information has been released by Europa-Park:

Main Season: 23.3.13 - 3.11.13

Park open from 09:00 (hotel ERT 08:30) to a minimum of 18:00, extensions up to 21:30 depending on how busy the park is.

Winter Season 23.11.13 - 5.1.14

Park open from 11:00 (hotel ERT 10:00) to a minimum of 19:00, extensions up to 20:00 depending on how busy the park is.

Admission Prices as follows:

Adult 1-day €39.00 (£33)

Adult 2-day €73.00 (£61)

Child 1-day €34.00 (£29)

Child 2-day €63.50 (£54)

3-day tickets are available on request. 4-day tickets only available for hotel guests.

Annual Pass €158.00 (£133)

Parking Charge: €5.00 (£4)

:)

But worth every penny....except a JD and coke!

Also worth noting that you can get what I'd call a good deal on their hotels. Bell rock offers a room with no view of the hotel grounds and I booked it for £400 for 2 adults for 3 nights in Oct 13!

Similarly...colesseo do a room under the bar for around the same price, although I wouldn't like the noise!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got my flights and accommodation booked for this park in 3 weeks time (staying at the Ferienwohnung Strauch 3 star Appartments). As we left it so long to get round to booking it we only managed to do flights giving us time for a day at the park, perhaps an extra morning at a push. We're flying into Strasbourg International airport but not too sure what the best/cheapest way to get to Europa is (our accommodation is right next to the park apparently). Is there a bus/park combo ticket that you can possibly get? If not, where's the cheapest place you can get park tickets?

Also if anyone has any tips for Europa that would be great as it's my first time there and I absolutely cannot wait :)