Europa Park

MikeC

It has to be one of the biggest parks in the world in terms of sheer amount of 'things' to do.

If you are going to use Single Rider Benin's plan is solid. Otherwise I'd suggest Arthur > Matterhorn Blitz and whatever the other coaster in that area is called (actually I'd skip these if time is an issue > EuroMir > Blue Fire > Wodan and then work your way back to the main entrance.

• 2 weeks later...

I've made a video montage of my trip to Europa Park whilst they were celebrating their birthday week. Full onrides of the following attractions are available to view on my channel as well(Ridelover123):

-Silver Star

-Blue Fire

-Wodan

-Arthur

-Euro Mir

-Poseidon

-Schweizer Bob-Bahn

-Fluch Der Kassandra

-Kolumbusjolle

A potential PTR/Blog may be uploaded to be forums depending on whether I have the time to construct one. Hope you enjoy guys! :D

A stark reminder for anyone who thinks not arriving at a park for opening is an acceptable way to do things...

Who knows what you could've done with that extra 2 hours...

As was mentioned though, Europa is not a 1 day park by any stretch of the imagination, that's where the main problem lies for your trip...

Europa as I'm aware is a definitely a park that can't be done or experienced properly on a one day visit unlike Thorpe park, Phantasialand, Blackpool or Alton Towers,Efteling & Port Aventura (on a rushed quiet day trip). I think it's a park where you're looking at 3 days in quieter times and 4 days in busier ones to get the best out of the park.

At least you've been to Europa though (even if it's just a day) and you now have an incentive to return there for a bigger better visit in the future. I am yet to experience the many wonders here but when that time comes I'll make sure it's at least 3 days (that time will hopefully be some point next year)

It's a common complaint about Europa. All my friends who went in the summer said that the queues were very long.

It's a very busy, popular park. The queues will be long for the big rides but the difference between Europa and say.... other parks is that Europa has dozens of smaller rides and dark rides that will remain having minimal queues. Europa also extends their hours massively every day. Reading that trip report is just the big rides (and Koffie Koppies) in 6 hours so not surprised that the day is soured by that. Good thing is neither was Zac.

August last year the queues for Blue Fire and Wodan were around 90 minutes...

Is it even a surprise? Mean like, it's not exactly a complaint (especially when that's 90 minutes of constant movement, rather than 90 minutes of stop/start/stop/let 1000s of Fastrack through)...

The biggest surprise for Abenteur Atlantis' queue coming out the door! 10 MINUTES I QUEUED FOR IT LAST YEAR! DISGRACEFUL! MACK SHOULD BE ASHAMED!

• 1 month later...

The actual Halloween event in park is excellent. the park takes on a whole different atmosphere and appearance. They change the music around the place, decorate it with 160,000 pumpkins and change eurosat to the pumpkin coaster. They also have "spook me" the europa park musical running, also the halloween parade. The event on park is really fun and adds a whole new dimension to an already world class park.

Horror nights is the more "scary" event. this contains all the scare mazes and the vampires club. This takes place after park close and is a separate ticketed event.

I love Halloween at Europa, it's so atmospheric and fun rather than scary. I love visiting at Halloween as weather is always reasonable too. if you're thinking of visiting this time of year, you won't be disappointed....in fact, visit any time and you won't be!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A small yet exciting new addition. Don't know much about this at this but hear they're getting three new rides, one 'could' be a coaster ad Pegasus is apparently too thrilling and that African area place is slowly disappearing.

Also hear their express ride is getting some adjustments too which is interesting.

Will be interesting to see this next year.