Hyperia - New for 2024 (Ride thread)

One train on ERT is not ideal. Wonder if organisers are aware they're getting 1 train ops or not. It also begs a question: If they need to start train maintenance that early they can't run 2 trains for an ERT session, how will they cope during Fright Nights?

I went today and got 4 rides by 2pm, which included a closure due to a guest action, as well as weather delays because of heavy rain / threat of electrical storm.

I know that Thorpe are absolutely doing all that they can, and yes I'm aware that new rides of course have teething troubles, but is anyone else finding it a little worrying how difficult it seems to be to actually get Hyperia consistently running properly?

The reliability and time it takes to do the testing seems to be dreadful, and I echo the comment above - how on earth is this going to work with Fright Nights, and the busy summer season which is right on top of us now? Also when Fastback sales are allowed to pick up, this level of downtime is going to be crippling.

I'm (finally) getting there next week to ride it - hopefully it's running well by then.

Another topic, the park must surely be aware that the break run is seriously impacting throughputs at the moment. No matter how hard they work in the station, I don't think its possible to get higher than around 800. If the train got into the station quicker I imagine they'd easily be hitting 1000+. Do we think this will be sorted in closed season or it'll be left how it is? 

I'd be surprised if this wasn't changed especially with the parks recent focus on throughputs. 

At the moment, the queue moves well. But when Fasttrack increases to normal levels and RAP is changed from 1 per visit its a bit concerning how well it'll cope.

For me yesterday, I found it extremely frustrating that they chose to remove a train at the beginning and during the ERS, then still sent an empty test train. Sadly this is similar to another certain English park that gradually reduces the amount of available seats by placing the sandbags on board in preparation for the following mornings tests.

When it comes to throughput I cannot see TP being bothered as they have a limited capacity, and any people in the park have already paid, they don't have to worry.

8 hours ago, planenut said:

When it comes to throughput I cannot see TP being bothered as they have a limited capacity, and any people in the park have already paid, they don't have to worry.

I'm a little confused what you mean here? Every park has a limited capacity and all people in the park have paid? But they still have to offer guests value for money, or they won't return / be disgruntled. 

Thorpe have made an effort to improve throughputs across the park. Stealth is a prime example of this.

8 hours ago, Cal said:

Another topic, the park must surely be aware that the break run is seriously impacting throughputs at the moment. No matter how hard they work in the station, I don't think its possible to get higher than around 800. If the train got into the station quicker I imagine they'd easily be hitting 1000+. Do we think this will be sorted in closed season or it'll be left how it is? 

I'm not sure how much it's affecting throughput, but the park will no doubt be aware of it. No doubt the park have a list of things they'll want to work on, hopefully alongside Mack, to help get things running smoothly.

My bigger concern regarding throughput is whether they can keep up the high standard they've set in the station. The park have been sensible and aren't running it on more staff (I believe they're running it on 1 op and 4 hosts, and that is the bare minimum it would need). But they're working their socks, and clearly have a good team. Can they keep that going all season? What about in future seasons? All well and good running it like that now, but if they can't do it when you've got the extra queues, etc, it's a problem.

1 hour ago, JoshC. said:

I'm a little confused what you mean here? Every park has a limited capacity and all people in the park have paid? But they still have to offer guests value for money, or they won't return / be disgruntled. 

Thorpe have made an effort to improve throughputs across the park. Stealth is a prime example of this.

I'm not sure how much it's affecting throughput, but the park will no doubt be aware of it. No doubt the park have a list of things they'll want to work on, hopefully alongside Mack, to help get things running smoothly.

My bigger concern regarding throughput is whether they can keep up the high standard they've set in the station. The park have been sensible and aren't running it on more staff (I believe they're running it on 1 op and 4 hosts, and that is the bare minimum it would need). But they're working their socks, and clearly have a good team. Can they keep that going all season? What about in future seasons? All well and good running it like that now, but if they can't do it when you've got the extra queues, etc, it's a problem.

Fair comment Josh, so perhaps I'm being selfish, my thoughts only.

17 hours ago, JoshC. said:

One train on ERT is not ideal. Wonder if organisers are aware they're getting 1 train ops or not.

For what was paid per head, it definitely was not worth it. And they only ran the ERT for 40 minutes and not the hour we were sold. Ended up with only two rides on the ERT.

If the organisers didn't know, then I think they've, and by extension the members, have been a bit ripped off.

16 minutes ago, Coaster_Contrarian said:

For what was paid per head, it definitely was not worth it. And they only ran the ERT for 40 minutes and not the hour we were sold. Ended up with only two rides on the ERT.

If the organisers didn't know, then I think they've, and by extension the members, have been a bit ripped off.

For clarity, I'm not talking about worth, but rather what they're offering. I wonder if they are saying "You can pay £X for 1 hour, 1 train, or £Y for 1 hour, 2 trains", or just "1 hour ERT". I agree 2 rides in an ERT is a pretty rubbish return; I'd be unhappy.

Also, I've seen this 40 minute thing thrown about a bit. Am I right in thinking the ride's queue line was open for 40 minutes, and then shut, but the ride ran for the full hour? If so, that shows how misbalanced the numbers are in my opinion: an ERT shouldn't have a 20 minute queue! Perhaps times have changed. But yeah, not a great look.

From what I've seen on Twitter, organizers were told very last minute it would be on 1 train, but who knows. 

Seems like a very strange decision. People had paid good money and I imagine it'll put people off organizing these type of events at Thorpe in the future.

There excuse of needing it ready for the next day is nonsense when it ran till 10pm press night and opening day, and will likely run on 2 trains till 9pm daily during fright nights. They could've ran it on 2 if they wanted to/planned it properly.

6 hours ago, JoshC. said:

For clarity, I'm not talking about worth, but rather what they're offering. I wonder if they are saying "You can pay £X for 1 hour, 1 train, or £Y for 1 hour, 2 trains", or just "1 hour ERT". I agree 2 rides in an ERT is a pretty rubbish return; I'd be unhappy.

Also, I've seen this 40 minute thing thrown about a bit. Am I right in thinking the ride's queue line was open for 40 minutes, and then shut, but the ride ran for the full hour? If so, that shows how misbalanced the numbers are in my opinion: an ERT shouldn't have a 20 minute queue! Perhaps times have changed. But yeah, not a great look.

The ERT was supposes to start at 7pm. They opened the queue and let us in, but we waited until 7:20 whilst they took a train off and ran test cycles. First riders got on just after 7:20. Queue was promptly closed at 8pm on the dot. On one train, yes we were queuing 20-25 minutes.

1 hour ago, Coaster_Contrarian said:

The ERT was supposes to start at 7pm. They opened the queue and let us in, but we waited until 7:20 whilst they took a train off and ran test cycles. First riders got on just after 7:20. Queue was promptly closed at 8pm on the dot. On one train, yes we were queuing 20-25 minutes.

As an ERT it was disappointing,  as a ride it is brilliant. It's okay for me as I live locally but many members travelled a long way and had paid.

What adds to the annoyance is how late the ride opened to the general public with staff members re-riding the "test" runs; not tactful.

19 hours ago, Cal said:

There excuse of needing it ready for the next day is nonsense when it ran till 10pm press night and opening day, and will likely run on 2 trains till 9pm daily during fright nights. They could've ran it on 2 if they wanted to/planned it properly.

To be fair it was reduced to one train on press night also, then after running till 10:30 open day it didn’t open for 2 weeks!

I guess maybe the maintenance to the trains is taking longer whilst it’s new, it’s also possible they  are using the time to work on the trains to try improve it’s reliability / risk of stalling etc.

Spotted by digital dan on instagram. The track section in the splashdown is starting to go orange, what do we think this is? I don’t want to say it’s rust as you would think they paint would protect the metal underneath, but could be the gold beginning to fade maybe?

IMG_4114.jpeg

and up we go now

and up we go now

and up we go now                wuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrr

and up we go now

and up we go now                         wuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrr                                        

and up we go now

and up we go now                         wuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrr

up we go now                                                                                           

1 hour ago, tactic said:

Spotted by digital dan on instagram. The track section in the splashdown is starting to go orange, what do we think this is? I don’t want to say it’s rust as you would think they paint would protect the metal underneath, but could be the gold beginning to fade maybe?

IMG_4114.jpeg

Probably that dirty lake water staining the track as it'll have weird PH levels compared to a filtered water splashdown

Water feature has been off over the weekend and I believe the last couple of days too. The fact that it's everything, including on the concrete, makes it look rather displeasing. Although I imagine with a damp cloth and some cleaning spray it would look okay...

1 hour ago, Benin said:

Maybe that's why they removed the viewing platform plans?

If you look at the middle lake area on ride, you see just how shallow it is; I've seen some people joke it's more akin to a swamp. The furthermost point of the land infill, which is/was meant to be removed, is still present too. A bit flooded, but present. If you're feeling brave enough, you could probably walk across it.

I'm hoping they just had a timing issue and couldn't fully sort out the land and water for opening and are either letting nature take its course to sort it, or will do so over close season. But for now, it's another displeasing on the eye feature, and another "Well at least there's no look out on that area" moment. 

Ahh how I miss the days of free TPM ERT ( I will forever be thankful) they were some fun meets. Seems like a bit of a crap decision all round.

The team at MMM really are doing a great job of making this ride look spectacular sometimes I wonder how they arnt all poaches to work on epic universe.

15 hours ago, Glitch said:

Ahh how I miss the days of free TPM ERT ( I will forever be thankful) they were some fun meets. Seems like a bit of a crap decision all round.

The team at MMM really are doing a great job of making this ride look spectacular sometimes I wonder how they arnt all poaches to work on epic universe.

Similar thing with the Nemesis redo. There are some bits that look fantastic (the eye), but the bits plonked in the queueline just don't have that same level of care or attention. Looking very cheap in the end.