Television

Sheepie

• 4 weeks later...

Bob Mortimer has just tweeted that Shooting Stars has been cancelled by the BBC. :ninja: Noooooooooooooooooooo.

Are we REALLY that surprised?Wouldn't be shocked if Buzzcocks and HIGNFY followed tbh, all past their prime in several senses (Mainly as Shooting Stars came back and... well, wasn't anywhere near as good as the original, which really wasn't THAT great in the first place)...What IS actually on TV these days? This is what happens when you have dire reception and can't recieve any channels :wub:

... (Mainly as Shooting Stars came back and... well, wasn't anywhere near as good as the original, which really wasn't THAT great in the first place)...

How dare you!! The original few series were the best I grant you, and there were a couple of stinkers in the middle, but the recent ones have been right up there near the peak.I am quite surprised tbh, it has a hell of a loyal following. Not enough though, clearly.

BUMP...Go watch Community people, it's brilliant off-the-wall stuff, with plenty of spoofs and silliness going on every episode...

Not the best episode example, but, it's worth it for season 2's Halloween episode and double bill finale, and the paintball episode in season 1... Plus Alison Brie :ninja:
I just relaised... Correct me if I'm wrong but is that the woman who was in Drake and Josh? :o<3 That program was epic :P

Community is being pulled halfway through its 3rd season, supposedly for a hiatus but it has been getting 'woeful' ratings so could easily be cancelled. How Americans enjoy 9 seasons of 2 and a Half Men more than this, I do not know...Posted Image

Americans don't like clever TV, or any show that requires you to actually think about the joke, cos it's the Devil...

Fairground attractions, channel 5.It is a bit channel 5, but it's actually quite interesting. One of the fairs they follow is http://www.carterssteamfair.co.uk/ , an absolutely beautiful vintage fair. Must track it down one day.

I see it every 3 months or so. It's really good though expensive! I grew up visiting it when I was young, the only fun fair I really remember going to!

• 4 weeks later...

Black Mirror: One of the best things I've ever watched on TV, if you haven't watched it yet, get on 4od now! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8I8uZ0TpoUMisfits: Pretty poor season if I'm honest, absolutely loved Rudy thoughThis Is England '88: First 2 episodes were average, episode 3 was astoundingly beautiful and really saved the series for meAmerican Horror story: My favourite thing on TV atm, if you like drama and horror then I definitely recommend watching this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDb4SqqiQag

If I'd known Charlie Brooker wrote Black Mirror then I'd have watched it far sooner than now. There is something about him, channel 4 and his style of writing that just gel so wonderfully and manages to produce original, dark and powerful television. There were some fantastic actors in all of the episodes, especially the first one.Each episode had stand-out moments and I can't really pick a favourite between the three.Couldn't help but really feel for Liam at the end of the last episode though, how many of us replay memories of relationships once they're over? Or go on to Facebook and look at pictures of the both of you? I can imagine a lot of people will relate to that one.Elsewhere, American Horror Story is about to air the finale episode in the States this evening, I shall be watching it tomorrow night. After last week's episode, I'm pretty sure we're in for an emotional, dramatic one! Tate/ Taint (what is his name?!) will always be welcome round my house. The hot, unhinged, destructive psycho!A lot of shows are taking their mid-season breaks now, such as Grimm, The Walking Dead, Desperate Housewives.... there have been a lot of great shows this year!