Random

Phill

In relation to posts, here's a new a definition ive decided to create in the forum dictionary, POST PARADOX.

POST paradox

The situation where one person writes a post about something and during the time he/she is writing it, another member posts something between the time the member entering the page and submitting their post where depending whats happened will make the recent post out-dated E.G someone writes something in the ride game where one ride is at 0, but another member writes another post adding to the ride that was supposed to be removed making the latest post incorrect even though it wasn't at the time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I heard by far the most stupid thing any coaster enthusiast could ever hear. While at university working on my final project, I over heard some girls talking about The Smiler accident. At first it was mostly correct what they said, and then one of them decided to say some complete and utter nonsense. She said that The Smiler was originally from the united states and that someone died on it. The guy who designed it (apparently only one man was able to design the ride according to her), then sold it to Alton Towers and didn't change much which lead towards the accident. I couldn't help but laugh a bit and shake my head after hearing that.

I heard by far the most stupid thing any coaster enthusiast could ever hear. While at university working on my final project, I over heard some girls talking about The Smiler accident. At first it was mostly correct what they said, and then one of them decided to say some complete and utter nonsense. She said that The Smiler was originally from the united states and that someone died on it. The guy who designed it (apparently only one man was able to design the ride according to her), then sold it to Alton Towers and didn't change much which lead towards the accident. I couldn't help but laugh a bit and shake my head after hearing that.

Oh dear - that's a facepalm moment!  Does make me laugh what some people come out with and I quite enjoy evesdropping on peoples convos whilst at Theme Parks - right now can only think of 2 examples but there has been a lot more -

The year Vampire re-opened after getting the Vekoma trains - bunch of gobby kids in front of me in the queue saying "yeah this is so cool - it goes upside down now" - I felt like saying "you are in for a disappointment then" but instead I chuckled to myself

And more recently - 2 days after The Smiler incident I was queuing for Samurai and a pair of girls were unfortunately stood behind us (I say unfortunate because they would not shut up) - One of them decided to make up a load of crud and say "oh yeah the reason Saw is closed is because 2 people died on it the other day" - I did literally smack my own face.  I know the GP don't have as much knowledge as enthusiasts which is understandable but to spout out complete and utter nonsense I don't understand.

Oh I had a staff one aswell - went on Loggers on my own a few months back - got back into the station and as I was getting out I said to the offload host that I stunk of skanky water (I have a lovely way with words) - his response was "oh don't worry it's clean water" - pretty sure that he knows the water IS scabby and comes from the lake but was possibly trying to make me feel better

Bull**** seems to be the language of choice nowadays.

Our landlord has written to all the residents and said a company is going to install solar panels on the roof, as an incentive to agree to this to happen, we all get 'free electric' from the panels.

Guy turned up yesterday unannounced wanting to know who is joining the scheme and who isn't, so I asked him a few awkward questions, the bull**** meters went off the scale with some of the crap he was coming out with, even lied and said my two neighbours had agreed, I said funny, she just text me and she's in Croydon, oh not that neighbour, that one (pointing at the other flat) she said yes - oh really, I already know she's going to say no and she's not even in the Country, so if you talked to her just now, you can sure move fast.

Don't think I was very popular, he's coming back today with answers to my questions, I won't hold my breath.

Bull**** seems to be the language of choice nowadays.

Our landlord has written to all the residents and said a company is going to install solar panels on the roof, as an incentive to agree to this to happen, we all get 'free electric' from the panels.

Guy turned up yesterday unannounced wanting to know who is joining the scheme and who isn't, so I asked him a few awkward questions, the bull**** meters went off the scale with some of the crap he was coming out with, even lied and said my two neighbours had agreed, I said funny, she just text me and she's in Croydon, oh not that neighbour, that one (pointing at the other flat) she said yes - oh really, I already know she's going to say no and she's not even in the Country, so if you talked to her just now, you can sure move fast.

Don't think I was very popular, he's coming back today with answers to my questions, I won't hold my breath.

Love it!  I'm really awful at dealing with people like that.  Like those damn chuggers - I do my best to avoid them, from pretending to be on the phone, to not making direct eye contact but no, they don't care if you are in the middle of a conversation and just lob themselves in front of you.  Worst time was when I got stopped by 3 of the buggers on the same street - by that point I was ready to pull some kung fu moves (if I had any)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...