Nemesis Inferno

themeparkmad

• 1 month later...

I think the project as a whole was more than £6.5Million, maybe that's just the trackwork cost, I seem to think the whole project was about £10Million too, you have to remember the Volcano, Groundwork etc.As for the mist... Sounds like it's starting to get clogged again already. ;) It happened last year too, and seasons before that, all Thorpe have to do is keep the pipe that the mist comes out of in good maintenance, like the one on Oblivion, or else you will end up just getting wet from just water coming out.

What I fail to understand is the fact that a ride such as Maverick cost 21 million dollars which back in 2007 would have been 11 million pounds. Why then does Thorpe Park have to pay 12 million pounds for a ride that is half the size. I know there a diffrent company but you could also compare it to Colossus which comes from the same company and cost 12 million pounds that is also half the size and uses half the technolgy.jake ;)

It's for the same reason that people buy Vauxhalls and Fords instead of BMW's and Audis. B&M's are premium range products and what you lose in money, you gain in quality. Colossus has had restraint changes, is considered rough and pops bolts left right and centre.Inferno runs and rarely has technical faults.The example you use of Maverick, that ride was so EXTREME, the inline it originally had was destroying track and train and had to be removed for an S-curve. (Colossus cost 10 million)

They were used originally for awesome bass in the station, so the theme really boomed out. I don't really know that much about them myself but as far as I know they no longer use them unfortunately. I'm not too sure why, hopefully another member can enlighten us :)

The Bass Cannons are always still on, but they must have blown or something or maybe just turned down lots. They sound incredibly rattly and are only really noticeable at the start and end of the theme music when you have them long sections of bass playing, they never really hit the lower bass parts anymore. But yeah, they used to give out awesome Bass :D Inferno's theme music is still by far my favourite of all rides. :)

I believe the amp blew a few years back for them and they haven't fixed them since (maybe because Bose don't sell them anymore). The bass you hear in the station purely comes from the Bose 402 speakers, I should know I own 2 of them! :)

I would love for Inferno to go back to 2003 days when the station was completely silent whilst it loaded and only when the train moves does the dispatch theme play. I feel that having music on in a loop and then having no dispatch music at all kills the atmosphere dead.