SAW: The Ride

Mark9

3hours is not exagerating I went yesterday (Friday) with a few people from here and the Q time was at 2hours 30 mins for most of the day. Even when we went onto the ride at 4-55 the Q was around 1hour 45 mins. I think the Q's will be getting worse over the next 2 weeks so the best thing I say is get in the Q line at 4-50.

3hours is not exagerating I went yesterday (Friday) with a few people from here and the Q time was at 2hours 30 mins for most of the day. Even when we went onto the ride at 4-55 the Q was around 1hour 45 mins. I think the Q's will be getting worse over the next 2 weeks so the best thing I say is get in the Q line at 4-50.

Ok. I presume they were using the makeshift queueline then. But were they running the ride to full capacity?

To be honest, I think 3 hours + is a little extravagent, I would think probably maximum of 2 hours during the day. Thorpe Park are expecting a lot of visitors, therefore will hopefully run the ride to full capacity, resulting in reduced queuing times.

It was 2 and a half hours yesterday (friday), it will be a hell of a lot worse in the opening week of the easter holidays.

Ok. I presume they were using the makeshift queueline then.

Nah, the Saw queue line filled up can take in about 3 hours worth of people before reaching the entrance I'd say. And remember right now Saw is running with reduced capacity, so the queue can look small, but still take a hell of a long time. And I really do wish people would stop asking what queues are going to be like. I mean really, we can't look into the future, so why does everyone expect us to know? For what must be the billionth time I've had to say this to someone, NO ONE can know what queues will be like! What's best is to expect the worst, then if it isn't as bad as you thought it would be, it's a nice surprise. Obviously people are going to think 'Schools are off, that means 3 hour queues', but people can say the same for July with school trips, yet I remember a mid-july day where every queue was a walk on. IMO queueing is part of the whole experience. Obviously it's nice to have a day or two when the queues are down and you can ride things numerous times, but I can tell you, you'd get bored of it eventually. So expect the worst every time you go, then there's no way you can be dissapointed.

Saw was running on 7 cars yesterday and they were using the makeshift Q line it was out gate then went back on itself to single rider bit and back again to main gate.I also have to agree with TPDan know one will know the Q times in advance. All I can say is the next 2 weeks will be busy but it also depends on the weather. I am guessing today is extremly busy because it is really nice but Easter Monday could be rain all day so therefore might not be busy.

just wanted to know, does saw open when the park opens each morning, or does this time vary?

It's the same as every other ride in the park. They will aim for it to always be open for the park opening, but as we know with Thorpe, that doesn't always happen.

I'm really confused, because on the thorpe park website it says all the rides are closed, but I'm suppose to be going on tuesday and I dont want to go there and find its all closed. so anyone who is there today could you reply back to say whether the rides are open or not.Thanksjjh123horry:-)P.S. are any of you going on tuesday as well. And what is the average queue time for SAW??Thanks

Check again, the website actually says All Ride are Currently Available, its a common mistake people make, you misread, it has happened to me before.

I noticed on SAW today, when Billy rides out on his little bike at the beginning of the ride he is wearing red glittery shoes. Something like what my little sister would wear.

Haha, its funny you should say that actually Skunky pointed that out to me when we were queueing for it. Billy is also wearing tights btw. I dont think he was intentionally made to be a girl though, I think the name billy suggests that. :blink:

I always expect the queues to be long, I went one day in July when no state schools had broken up on a friday (big mistake!) and it was very busy even Slammer had an hour queue, then I went again on the monday and was expecting the same sort of queues and wow, I was in for a nice suprise no queues were over 15mins, so stop asking what queues are like becuase none of us know what the queues will be like, and that it varys, as I have just pointed out. ^^

Easter is one of the worst times to go to Thorpe Park, I dread to think what Saw's queues will be like.I've just been watching this video which must've been produced before Saw was built, or before the changes were made for its layout:

That looks good, imagine the finished result. I like the way you "emerge" from the station a little way up the tower. Coming out of the station and going up, and not being able to see what's ahead - awesome!Also, do they plan to fill this pit up with water or fake blood or something?Posted Image

Just watched that video and the inside bit is just awesome. Thorpe's one actually sucks compared to that, but I dont know how feasible that would be for real life. IMO, that track layout and inside theming etc, is just brilliant. I also love the idea of half the Lift Hill pulling you up while your still inside. I think also if this was made in real life, the parts where the train stops on the block brakes, I.e after the two spinning blades (in the video) there could be actors in there, but again, I dont know how feasible that is. Good ideas in that video though

That video is very good, yes. However, I doubt it would be feasible.The talking at the beginning is good. However, I do prefer TP's SAW dialouge. Bit more orginal and can be used for a great storyline.I much prefer the swinging blades to the nails. Much scarier, then the nails underneath is so much better.As for that MCBR, it is very slow, which reduces capacity, etc. Yes, it could be sped up, but then it would take away the feel of it. The spinning blades would have to be so far away that it would be pointless (or have them made out of rubber and ruin the effect).The lift hill is a great idea. The whole emerging from the building is good.Also, I guess the sounds you would hear from the building would be loud (like with real SAW), which would still spoil everything.As for the 'dip' in the dive loop, I guess nothing can be filled in there because of close proximity to CCR amogst other reasons?