Rumba Rapids

Ash

Indeed, going back to Thunder River would mean very little, since the likelihood of them doing anything else other than a name change and a paint job would be slim. It arguably wouldn't make sense either, given the 'Rumba Rapids' name is a better fit to the Jungle area than 'Thunder River'.

Someone saw someone with a pot of paint, doubt it's anything much. The brown fences are probably continuing to be repainted as some of those were touched up a little towards the end of closed season.

What upsets me is the care for the boats (and other ride vehicles in closed season), they just get left in the outside vulnerable to all sorts of weather. If this park actually bothered covering ride vehicles they wouldn't be in their awful aesthetic condition.

• 2 years later...

Rumba is a weird one isn't it..

I really loved the old soundtrack and bright colours, I think because it sort of fit the ride.

Rumba hasn't been a very good ride for many years, so the colour scheme, Christmas lights in the tunnel and the upbeat/retro music just fit in, because it was nothing serious and just a bit of fun.

I think the new-style, more serious, colour scheme and IMAScore music were really nice, but the ride itsself didn't really fit in with them..

I think if the ride was a lot better / more serious it would have worked, but as it stood, it didn't seem to fit.. A lot of people missed the old music because that was arguably one of the best things about the ride!

Hopefully this is a little more than just bringing back the old colourway and maybe the music.. But if not, at least it'll have its retro and nostalgic feel back if nothing else.

I saw this today, the railings looked like they tried to be painted but realised it was the wrong paint for metal.

Roof painted nice, but the actually structure and panels were left untouched.

The op booth had a few panels strangely unpainted.

Hopefully this is done before the park officially opens….

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Glitch said:

Will vikings parts by upcycled for rumba. I’m all for sustainability and recycling it is 2023 after all!

Unlikely that any of the ride hardware will be for Rumba since they're different manufacturers.

I guess theoretically some parts could be used if they're cross-compatible, although I'm not what could potentially be.

• 1 month later...

Tend to being the key part of that sentance in the case of Rumba Rapids. 

On the topic of splashing the cash, do we think that some of the project sparkle budget could be put towards the rapids. I know the majority of the park needs work done and Thorpe don't have infinite money, but they are getting old now and could do with some refurbishment/modernising in my opinion.

13 hours ago, tactic said:

Tend to being the key part of that sentance in the case of Rumba Rapids. 

On the topic of splashing the cash, do we think that some of the project sparkle budget could be put towards the rapids. I know the majority of the park needs work done and Thorpe don't have infinite money, but they are getting old now and could do with some refurbishment/modernising in my opinion.

Or removing. I'd love to see the end of Rumba, replaced with a more modern water ride like Chiapas. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2007 at 10:15 PM, Ash said:

Well this start of the season is going to be interesting for the Rumba Rapids. I wonder what we will expect now its getting re-themed (or not). No more Ribeana sponsorship.Any comments, please post them.

16 years later let’s bring back ribena. It’s only fair.