Closed Rides

Ash

I don't believe they said Slammer will open for Easter? They only confirmed that Samurai and Rumba will open for Easter, and they managed to open them both a week before.

About Slammer, I've heard rumours that it's getting signed off this month so it shouldn't be too long. All the scaffolding has been removed, so I imagine testing and staff training will begin soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe they said Slammer will open for Easter? They only confirmed that Samurai and Rumba will open for Easter, and they managed to open them both a week before.

It was mentioned on the website that all three of them would be open for the Easter holidays, and they were saying though over social media to people who asked too.  Though now they've gone to saying Slammer will be open 'as soon as possible'.

It was mentioned on the website that all three of them would be open for the Easter holidays, and they were saying though over social media to people who asked too. Though now they've gone to saying Slammer will be open 'as soon as possible'.

Oh right. When I looked at the website it just said Rumba and Samurai will be open for Easter, so maybe that was soon changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its better than that, for reasons only known to them they concluded that the busiest weekend they have had so far wouldn't be that bad so they opened on one train.

Argh.  Why, Thorpe, why?  There have been times this season when they've managed to open the coasters on two trains, so why not today.  That bamboozles the mind.

On that note, has Colossus even been on two trains yet this season?  :rolleyes:

No.  The second train is apparently receiving a lot of maintenance, with rumours being that it's not even at the park at the moment / with Intamin.  If that's the case, it could possibly be a reason why it wasn't done over the closed season.

So Detty, Slammer and Vortex are all still closed and Samurai has been closed the last 2 days now as well. :( Shame that quite a lot of flats have been having problems this year, Detty and Vortex are normally pretty reliable, and Samurai doesn't normally die this early :P 

8 rides closed at the same time on a peak day? It's shocking how bad ride reliability at thorpe is!

On another note, samurai is once again closed for "essential maintenace" and is unknown when it will be running again along with slammer and detonator. Didn't last long did it!?

8 rides closed at the same time on a peak day? It's shocking how bad ride reliability at thorpe is!

On another note, samurai is once again closed for "essential maintenace" and is unknown when it will be running again along with slammer and detonator. Didn't last long did it!?

Yet another reason why the ride needs replacing, Samurai's had its time, let it go!

Hope detty gets back on its feet though

Edit- I can confirm only three rides are closed now, one of those is slammer and the other two are above.

Was very strange when I was there yesterday. Samurai, Slammer and Detonator were advertised as closed but upon arriving and for the rest of the day X was closed and Nemesis remained closed from opening until around 2. If Nemesis hadn't opened later it would have been a very disappointing day, I was really looking forward to riding X again this season but likely won't for a while now! Can anyone confirm whether it's open today and my timing was just incredibly unlucky?

Nice to see such artificially high queues.

X has only had a massive queue the past few weeks due to two train operation. Same with Colossus, which has been running on one train and tidal wave, which has been running on one boat.

Operations tend to be relatively poor most of the time anyway, as "demand" is never high enough to improve them. Also ride reliability and maintenace over the winter seems to be sub-standard this year with lots of trains/cars not ready on major rides and rides constantly breaking down or being closed for essential maintenace.

It's a shame about X, it's one of the only rides I had never seen on reduced capacity before this season. As well as that, it seems to be having a lot of downtime. Again, I don't think I had seen X break down once before :P 

I don't think Detonator will be too long now, it's a reliable ride and has seemed to be waiting for a part for a long long time now. 

Colossus' 2nd train I imagine to be running very soon. I was told on Sunday that the 2nd train will be coming back to the park the next day, however some say it's always been at Thorpe? I have no idea, but the shed was open and it didn't look like it was in there.