The Smiler

th13teen

You cross it out but thats what it says on Wikipedia, RCDB and this video:

And whatever the World's First is going to be, SW7 is going to be a beast of a roller coaster.

Edited by Uncle Sid
: Please ensure correct use of grammar in your posts. And if you wish to add anything to a previous comment, please use the "Edit" feature in the bottom right-hand corner of your posts to prevent double-posting. :)

Yes it is, going back onto your point of the ride cars, I love the look of Dare Devil Dives than Saw's so I hope we get them, plus that train is designed to lapbars aswell so if SW7 is lapbars, that would be the style of train :D

On the note of the launch, I think it is very pointless if we have a launch, I mean 5 seconds of speed into a tight bend is hardly "World First" for me, but we'll see what happeneds in the coming months!

Yes it is, going back onto your point of the ride cars, I love the look of Dare Devil Dives than Saw's so I hope we get them, plus that train is designed to lapbars aswell so if SW7 is lapbars, that would be the style of train :D

yes I preferred that train as well u got more freedom of movement, its very slightly less capacity but prefer them to saw in thorpe and speed in oakwood. like u said hopefully more details will be coming in future months:)

Fugi-Q also have a launched Eurofighter, think there's a few others too.

What I would consider a first would be a vertical launch (Wicked is not a vertical launch, no matter what anyone says), were SW7 to have one. I also think launching upwards would be a unique and exciting sensation and not just a gimmick for the sake of it, and would also be very marketable sitting next to oblivions 'vertical' drop. Taking the up and over peak of the vertical hill at some (obviously not loads) of speed, rather than just flopping over it like usual, would also be an experience like no other.

Having said all that, I doubt a vertical launch is happening as it would be damn hard to get right, it looks like the shallow lift is a launch (would they really have two?) and would cost a bomb to power.

Pretty much the only thing I'd think we can safely know about SW7 is that it's a Gerstauler (always get a sense of satisifaction spelling that correcting first time! :P) and it's some version of a Eurofighter (could be, say, a Eurofighter V2.0 for example). Oh, and where it is and it'll be a world first, if you wish to be pedantic...

Personally, I don't think a vertical launch will occur. Looking at how the car goes over the vertical 'bit', I'd hate to imagine how that would feel at any quick pace. So, for sheer comfort reasons, I'd expect it to go over that bit quite slowly, which would mean either a slow launch, or a launch which means it goes over the crest slowly (both of which are pretty pointless in my eyes) or a standard vertical lift hill. If I'm honest, I'd be disappointed if there was any launch at all on this - it seems like an unneccessary extra which will add little to the ride, bar an increase in reliability issues and perhaps discomfort...

I'd say the world first will either be something to do with how cars, though no idea what, or a 'Th13teen trick', where something happens inside. Rumours have been going around about 'inverting track', where the track itself moves in a circle to invert the train. Again, something which I think is unlikely, but just something which is reguarly thrown out there..

If this ride is half as good as it looks, I'll be more than happy. Even happier if it has lapbars. :D

Pretty much the only thing I'd think we can safely know about SW7 is that it's a Gerstauler (always get a sense of satisifaction spelling that correcting first time! :P) and it's some version of a Eurofighter (could be, say, a Eurofighter V2.0 for example). Oh, and where it is and it'll be a world first, if you wish to be pedantic...

Personally, I don't think a vertical launch will occur. Looking at how the car goes over the vertical 'bit', I'd hate to imagine how that would feel at any quick pace. So, for sheer comfort reasons, I'd expect it to go over that bit quite slowly, which would mean either a slow launch, or a launch which means it goes over the crest slowly (both of which are pretty pointless in my eyes) or a standard vertical lift hill. If I'm honest, I'd be disappointed if there was any launch at all on this - it seems like an unneccessary extra which will add little to the ride, bar an increase in reliability issues and perhaps discomfort...

I'd say the world first will either be something to do with how cars, though no idea what, or a 'Th13teen trick', where something happens inside. Rumours have been going around about 'inverting track', where the track itself moves in a circle to invert the train. Again, something which I think is unlikely, but just something which is reguarly thrown out there..

If this ride is half as good as it looks, I'll be more than happy. Even happier if it has lapbars. :D

*Gerstlauer ;)

And as for the Thomas Bathgate-pioneered rumour about inverting track - I fail to see how this would add anything to the ride, except a lower throughput due to longer ride time in the station and immense discomfort issues at being pointlessly inverted at a snail's pace due to how slow the mechanics to rotate the track, car and riders all at once. It's just another liability in the end.

What ever the world first is it better live up to the hype: World's first vertical drop with Oblivion; the first flying coaster with Air, and the first free fall drop on Th13teen, I'm excited to see what it is and I hope it's not a big let down.

For some reason when I first saw this picture, SW7 popped into my head. I think it would be great if the oblivion guy showed up again only this time looking something like this.

Posted Image

Also, here is something I created on coasterforce showing the area of SW7, originally from the aerial imaging from flickr.

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing Liam :)

I'm looking forward to SW7 - can't wait for the ride parts to arrive on park, even though that's not going to happen for a while as the footers haven't even been constructed yet! Wish things would start soon, want some new pictures aha! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Cant wait to see it complete, the swarm was revealed around this time and I think thirteen was as well so do any of you guys think that alton will do the same or shroud it in secrecy until the very last moment. The later is what I think is gonna happen

Thirteen wasn't revealed until MUCH later in 2009, if I recall not even during Scarefest had it been officially revealed, or maybe it had but it hadn't been in September... Can't base ride reveals on past ones because each one has it's own unique marketing timeline based upon a lot of different variables that the park themselves decide...

They'll also probably keep everything quiet about the inenvitable world's first until the day before it opens and lets a boring group of enthusiasts look down a newsreporter's cleavage ride it and show off the big 'secret', making all the secrecy beforehand completely pointless...