The Smiler

th13teen

I feel that this coaster is going to be a potential coaster that could be one the best coasters in the world list. Maybe a worthy competitor to Nemesis. With those near misses at great speed, and the possible rumoured underground section with a world's first add up, for me, to become a great coaster.

Watching that video, I searched up the word threshold. On wikipedia it says that the scientific meaning to it, is related to the senses and perception. Could that be the possible name to the ride? Threshold

The word "Threshold" to the lay person though doesn't appear to make this cognitive connection, and would therefore be interpreted as "doorway" or "entrance", which doesn't strike fear as much as SW7 intends to.

HI All. Today's Photos.

The whole site looks much tidier.

From the Toilets Towards Blivy

Posted Image

From the toilets towareds Enterprise

Posted Image

Side View

Posted Image

Back of the site

Posted Image

Bit further along the back of the site

Posted Image

Traditional overview from blivys queue

Posted Image

Down the hole 1

Posted Image

Closeup of the hole You can see a zig zag cut into the floor. quite odd. You can see it clearly when on bliv.

Posted Image

And finally... The swimming pool in the hole.

Posted Image

The original date for track arrival was *rumoured* to be October 1st. I say rumoured, because this date hasn't obviously been put out by Alton Towers, however a lot of staff have given this date.

Obviously, this was last week. Concrete will be arriving on site this week and, after that, trackwork can begin.

However, I checked in Car Park J today, and scanned minibus and other car parks, for signs of track, but there appears to be none on site yet - unless it's being hidden somewhere. That's unlikely, though - the Th13teen track was held on Car Park J prior to construction.

Iv'e been wondering how do these fit in with the sanctuary?

That is one thing we enthusiasts will have to speculate. At least the whole story isn't leaked. But one thing I can say for certain, is that the mesh canopies are to protect the people from flying objects from a person on the ride.