The Smiler

th13teen

But where will the adverts go!? :o

Well, in all recent installations, adverts don't appear on queueline tvs.. they're something they're pretty much stuck with from the Tussauds era - and at least they don't have sound on them anymore.

Apart from thorpe, but that's because thorpe is bloody useless at anything nearing immersive experiences.

Todays photos.. Enjoy

The back of the site has had some serious work done this week

Posted Image

rebar has been embedded

Posted Image

This is the from the mid level, around the middle of the footprint. There is a lot of soil being moved around

Posted Image

Zoomed out

Posted Image

From the base gates

Posted Image

The concrete sides that have already been mentioned. These are obviosly going to be slotted in soonish

Posted Image

More rebar waiting to go in at the back of the site

Posted Image

SIgn of the day

Posted Image

Ohh look they've found another way to fill up the hole with water

Posted Image

From the toilets

Posted Image

a rebar cube awaiting positioning.

Posted Image

a glimpse inside the sub station

Posted Image

usual site overview

Posted Image

I spy old supports

Posted Image

my that's a mighty deep hole.. and with supports all around it.. whats going on here? And some concrete spacers have already been added.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I actually think that face popping up will be quite scary for some people!!

Anyway - to the point! I was at AT today, and it was probably the quietest day on park since May, with our longest wait just 20 minutes for Air (although some queues were slightly longer than this during the day).

Spent a bit of time looking over the SW7 site, and it's looking ever so "ready" for something. It looks cleaner and more organised, so I think we're going to get some action soon.

It really is an enormous area - it's amazing how small you 'think' it is- but in actual fact, it's a hefty size!

Very excited, now. Those eerie smiley faces are everywhere on park.

SW7 could still be a world's first. After all, Th13teen was marketed as 'The Ultimate Roller Coaster'; I can't remember the world's first thing being pushed that much even. So I guess there's still a chance..

I wonder if this'll spark more rumours of 'most inversions on a coaster', with the 'world beating' motto...

The problem with the inversion record is they'd need at least 13 to make it possibly the most for a while as I believe someone has purchased one of the Intamin 12 loopers but I may be wrong. Everyone knew Colossus's record would be beaten but being able to say the worlds first 10 looper is quite something where as 11,12 or 13 doesn't have the same ring to it. Its like making the steepest drop, it will eventually be beaten. I think it will be some form of trick track like the track flipping upside down or even being linked up to a motion simulator system. I suppose we'll know it all by 16th March.

This trick track idea isn't too bad! It will have that surprise element Thirteen's drop does & can work well as a pre-show area for car 2 (if they use Saw's method of dispatching) Gosh! If they don't use this idea of the trick track I'm going to be shocked! :P

I'd rather they go for world's first then beating a record, it kind of wears off if you have most inversions then next year someone else beats it, what does that make your rollercoaster then? World's second most inversions? Much better to be like Air, Oblivion, Thirteen even Nemesis and Rita to an extent and be the ground holders for that world's first! :D