The Smiler

th13teen

Mention last night, the of the main reasons people don't think we will have lap bars is because of the amount of Inversions & tightness or the ride, SW7 has 8 compared to the 4 of Iron Shark and the 3 of Dare Devil Dive

It be a nice idea, but unsure if it will happen!

Well there were robo arm plans, some strange flat ride plans and a major show plan. All of which would have been well themed, but an 8-looping coaster is pretty hard to beat, really.

What really makes me positive about this move, is that the site of SW7 was not one of the sites identified in the Long Term Plan consultation a few years ago. So it almost feels like bonus coaster ground!

:D

Or a rushed "quick, let's pack one in there" ground.....

I wouldn't say it is rushed. Initial plans for the ride were applied for in December, and work to put the application together will likely have begun several months earlier. All in all, I would say the process from start to finish will be around 18 months, with planning granted a full year before opening.

Rita was far, far more "rushed" - in fact it was around 9 months from start to finish!

;)