The Smiler

th13teen

Its almost certain metal work/track pieces should be coming next week if they get put up next week though, is another thing

Also a polite note to everyone, not just Confuzzled, most of them theme park pages are fake, so its better not post anything that hasn't come from an credited source as it can easily confuse members if you haven't said in your original post who/where it came from :)

Its almost certain metal work/track pieces should be coming next week if they get put up next week though, is another thing

I very much doubt it as the rebar has only just surfaced in the last couple of days, I would expect to see a scattering of structure towards the end of the month with a view to going vertical from early October.....

No. Plans haven't been submitted where we are able to view the interior of the building. And I don't think Alton towers shows the interiors of their buildings, unless it requires a deep excavation such as with sub-terra.

It's because internal views rarely need to be shown for the actual stuff inside the building, as Sub Terra only showed the layout of the building, rather than showing off the ride system/theming...

Ahhh kk :) on the topic of sub terra do you actually go underground on the lift?

No

• 2 weeks later...

Facts we know:

- Scientific Analysis facility from the 1950s

- Some sort of Sanctuary

- Ministry of Joy

It could be called "The Ministry" or just "Ministry"?

:)

Sound so Orwellian. Let's hope they put some real though into recreating the intense paranoia and backwards totalitarianism of Oceania as in Nineteen Eighty-Four, with lots of cameras, scanners, audio-devices and 'telescreens'. I think also, Oryx after Margaret Atwood's Oryx & Crake sounds like an awesome name, but the link to biochemically engineered apocalypse and the character of Oryx might be a bit too harrowing for a theme park like Alton. Plus, that'd mean an IP so thinking about it, maybe not.