The Smiler

th13teen

TWO INVERTED DROPS!!! AWESOME!!! with the 2 inverted drops and 2 corkscrew elements after the cobra roll and the indoor heartline roll that make 5 new inversions that weren't on the original plan brings the inversion count up to 13!! if 13 is the amount of official inversions now Th13teen's name is starting to sound a bit stupid for it lol :) I have to say The Swarm is starting to look a bit crap compared to this lol again :)

We had this debate in the chat room last night, it is not an inverted drop.

You drop....

You enter a corkscrew/zero G

You take a second drop

Inverted drop, your completely inverted when making the drop I.E The SWARM.

The Smiler - You drop, make a 180 banked turn into a corkscrew/Zero G roll make about a 300 degree twist before making your next decent. You are not upside when making the second decent on either of the lifts.

I have just taking this description about a Dive Drop/Inverted Drop:

A dive drop[5] is a roller coaster inversion in which a half-inline twist is performed at the top of a lift hill, leading into the initial drop.

Alton towers is marketing it as that so that is what the inversions will be called, whether anybody likes it or not that's the thing. I think it's fine because it fully inverts before the main drop and also if you look at most web sites the swarms drop is called a wing over, so Alton can call it that and Thorpe calls the inversion after itself, so Alton can call it that with out clashing.

Plus according to the video trailer the track is still upside down midway through the drop, mind you that might not be 100% accurate to the ride. :)

Edited by pluk
Punch-u-ation. I still don't think it makes sense but I've tried!

I'm dissapointed that both the drops will be inversions instead of having the possibility of air time which looked possible with the published plans. And the removal of the twisty section after the cobra roll with corckscrews. It's just going to be one loop after another with only the two airtime hills taking it they remain and don't become zero-g rolls or something.

I'm dissapointed that both the drops will be inversions instead of having the possibility of air time which looked possible with the published plans. And the removal of the twisty section after the cobra roll with corckscrews. It's just going to be one loop after another with only the two airtime hills taking it they remain and don't become zero-g rolls or something.

knowing whats been changed I won't be surprised if they did.

Since when was Saw The ride painful?

I will ride anything regardless of roughness, but I have to say that Saw is one of the worst. It's strange because some of the ride carriages seem to ride worse than others, but regardless of which car, your head hits the headrests a number of times.

Oh yeah, and the jolts at the bottom of the hills... Ouch.

I said WORSE rides in thorpe park, and later on I posted in the 'extreme thrills' catergory! I did in no way say it was the WORST RIDE on park...

I will ride anything regardless of roughness, but I have to say that Saw is one of the worst. It's strange because some of the ride carriages seem to ride worse than others, but regardless of which car, your head hits the headrests a number of times.

Oh yeah, and the jolts at the bottom of the hills... Ouch.

I do not find saw rough, it may just be me but I find it incredibly smooth and I always get a bulge-eye vision when I go down the big drop! Maybe I just get the good carriages, but I have never banged my head on saw, at all! And that is coming from a person who bangs his head so much on Colossus!

No offence but this is a topic for The Smiler not how bad Swarm is or how rough Saw is? Back on topic when the park officially opens do you guys think all The Smiler track will be up so we count the inversions or do you think they will be still constructing into April I know it opens in may but its niggling me.

Looking at what we have got so far, I think the smiler will be long delayed and the track won't be fully up by April. I don't want to disappoint anyone with my thoughts and I am too hoping the track will be up as soon as possible but I have something in the back of my head saying that the smiler will only be in its testing phases when it should open, pushing it back another month or so! I am only visiting at scarefest anyway so it should be open by then ;) but the smiler needs to speed up and construction needs to be finished soon! We are nearing the begining of march and its not nearly done yet. And don't the rides need at least a month of testing?