The Smiler

th13teen

Didnt realise how vague Alton Towers where with their opening times 'opening time - open'... 'closing time - open'. I would rather see check back soon for the opening times we return on this date blah blah.

They are letting you buy tickets at a discount without knowing what the times are! Say you are buying a ticket for scarefest- you may accidentally buy the wrong date because they are so vague. My guess is the smiler will some how affect opening times, also X sector is likely to be closed off for the first month or two until testing(is my guess) so there will be less attractions for everyone to ride!

My guess is, they will not post opening times until late notice, also I think the smiler being delayed will have a big impact on everything because alton towers are giving you free tickets to return if you have booked tickets for a date(which doesn't actually have an opening time) and it is closed! My guess is alton are trying to do the smiler as quick as possible but it is snowing again so I think it will delay construction again...

I'm not sure if I'm just reading into this too much but, 'Merlin Annual Pass - Official' Facebook page, they call The Smiler, just 'smiler'

Hi Everyone,

We would like to thank everyone who purchased or renewed their Merlin Annual Pass during our spectacular January Sale. The sale offered both new and existing customers the fantastic opportunity to purchase Merlin Annual Passes at our lowest price for 2013.

We hope you enjoy your Passes throughout the next 12 months where there’s lots to look forward to including Zufari at Chessington, Smiler at Alton Towers, Duploland at LEGOLAND Windsor, SEA LIFE Manchester – opening Spring 2013 & lots of exciting events.

Be sure to keep an eye on our website and emails which will help you to get the most out of your Pass. We’d love for you to share your days out with us so if you have any stories or photos please upload them here for all to see!

We look forward to welcoming you into our attractions throughout 2013.

The Merlin Annual Pass Team

I really do wonder why they wanted to keep them toilets... They're a bit outdated as it is so why keep them, hopefully they will have modernised them anyway. Surely if they ever need any roof work doing on the building it's going to be a nightmare having the supports for the coaster so close to the roof!?

That support assembly looks like it's gonna be one funky piece of engineering though when complete... B)

So you saw some of these on the live feed (and I see an image from it above). They were pretty low res though as they were taken with my super zoom camera.

OK some Supports going in..
P1030385.JPG

One min what the hell is that in the lower left corner. Lets zoom.
P1030386.JPG
That's one hell of a gold ball.
OK the supports from a different angle.
P1030387.JPG
Is that the top of the bowline you can see from the port cullis
more of that support piece
P1030395.JPG