The Smiler

th13teen

I love the strobe on the inside queue. I love strobes anywhere though.

If it were used outside it would be of no use 98% of the season, as outside it would be barely noticeable until darkness falls and the park is closed apart from Halloween. If they can only afford one of these £30 bits of kit though the best place would surely have been on the first, indoor, inversion.

No, it's intermittent. Sometimes seems to go off every few minutes, other times I passed through without seeing it at all for the 10 minutes or so you are in there.

It is just a single strobe in the main indoor queue, it is on the left as you go in the standard queue but is quite effective at filling the whole room with its strobey goodness.

What is the strobe on the inside queue like?

Is it constant?

There are several projections on the walls which change constantly. The strobe lighting comes on every now and again. In my experiences it came on every few mins or so for about 5 seconds at a time?

Went on the smiler this week as I was at AT for a few days.

Apart from the effects not woring like other people have had problems with and also it braking down non stop, I didnt find it all that great.

Now dont get me wrong, it is a good ride, very smooth and fun, but I just felt like it lacked something. Maybe the effects give it that wow factor?

Personally I found watching it more impressive than the ride itself. It looks immense!! But once I finished riding it I walked off thinking 'that was fun' not 'oh my that was the best ting ever!!' It was just missing something that I cant quite put my finger on.

Still a good ride though. Maybe thats the problem - I think its a good ride and not a great one!

I'd just like to say, that this runs fantastically at night <3

It's such a shame all these problems keep happening, because it really is a great ride... I was astounded at how well it rode on my two rides today and at night I was stunned by it...

Fix it properly over close season, and it will be an excellent addition to the park and the UK more than it already is...

The Smiler has received even more problems lately following parts of the chain lift coming off the ride.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1383526_564903986898238_226051418_n.jpg?dl=1

Photo copyright Themepark guide.

Boy, the Smiler has had a problem at just about every moment possible almost and it's almost coming usual for the ride to fail during a major time of the season.

They as well almost completely rebuild the ride the way things are going.