The Smiler

th13teen

Did no one get a recording on their phone to upload to Youtube?! I am disappoint. :(

Still, the train on that track looks nice, a lot more 'train like' than I was expecting really. Can't wait to see it going round the track and completing those tight elements...

From what I've seen so far, the ride looks pretty good and seems well paced throughout the ride as well as the ride cars looking impressive running on the track. However that day break clip was very disappointing that it was almost pointless showing it. Also, from what the ride video shows, it doesn't look like the ride will be completely smooth although hopefully the restraint design which seems different from previous Gerst. coasters will reduce the headbanging effect.

Hmm. It looks impressive zooming around that tangled track. The on-ride video doesn't inspire much hope that it will be a ride that matures with age. Her head was flapping about like mine does on Saw at several points during the video.

Still, always remain positive, it looks like a very fast ride and takes you all over the place. :)

Her head was flapping about like mine does on Saw at several points during the video.

Strangely, when I was watching the video, I was thinking it didn't look like as 'jolty' (if that's the right word) as Saw. And it certainly looks a lot better than other headbanging rides (ie Colossus).

From that offride video, it certainly looks likely that there'll be a good few 'duelling' points if the trains leave the lift hills and roughly the same time.

So, testing is happening in front of the public now...

Should put to rest any rumours about a 'chain break' feature where you freefall backwards on the vertical lift.

Nice screechy wheels too. Not sure whether that'd still be normal after the number of test runs it should have made by now (considering it's safe for human riders)..

Wow, she was certainly at the base of the vertical lift for a long time...

It's almost 50 seconds between arriving on the breaks just before the vertical lift and going up the vertical lift. Yeah, okay, there's TVs there, but when you're on a coaster, do you want to be stuck waiting half way round watching a TV? Probably not. Trying not to judge it because we have no idea what may happen, but I find it hard to see what could keep me entertained for so long mid course...

Of course, it may not necessarily be like that when the ride is open, but who knows?

Saw was very squeaky when it first opened but then it died down after a few months, seems it's a pretty standard feature of some new Gerstlauer's.

And Josh (on a phone, forgot to quote!), they'll do all sorts of settings during testing as part of finding the most efficient way of running it. I wouldn't make any judgements about operations until it's open.

The ride went into the brakes and stopped. And then can tell it was released manually, into next section.. released again, then onto lift. Ride was obviously run in manual rather than automatically.

Apparently it's smooth as, quoted to be as smooth as a B&M from the famous Wardley. Interesting!