Storm Surge

Marc

Was closed all day yesterday, if that's what happened to the belt then I dunno if that's because they have to do more extensive maintenance on the ride, or maybe a health and safety evaluation or something, since that could have essentially led to a fatal accident if their fortunes weren't great.

I mentioned in the chat last night that (just playing devil's advocate here) but had both of the belts come clean off the runners, there would be literally nothing stopping any boats going up from rolling down the hill; turning storm surge into a giant game of down hill human bowling. :blink:

I rememer it well at Cyprus Gardens. That picture is no illusion, it really did look that nice with a sleek wooden station, a tower that doesn't stick out like a sore thumb and rust clear track. I also remember it having a much better loading system of 1 in and 1 out. The only thing I never got is why there was a man at the top.

Arguably, adding anything to the top would make it worse, as it would show how bad the rest of the ride is.. :P

I'd much rather them put more effort into theming Swarm, or any other major ride on park, than this turd which hopefully will leave the park before the decade comes to an end...

(Of course, in an ideal world, we'd all want every ride to be themed / look amazing, but treating as a choice under such difficult economic times, I know which option I'd rather have...)

Was just having a look to see if there were any other models with this layout in the world, but by the looks of it this is the only one of its type.

Looks like all their water rides are plagued with hideous scaffolding too, in fact its only from the distinctive scaffolding that I was sure I was looking at the same type of ride, because all of the ones on their site are waterpark models and no such dry versions seem to be on display, despite being advertised

http://www.whitewaterwest.com/family_rafting.html