THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They could have the perimeter set up much like Oblivion's construction site was back in the day. Have warning radiation signs up. Have guys walking the perimeter in Nuclear suits / Geiger counters trying to clear people away from looking into the construction site.

I'm sure that will go well with Thorpes target audience...Actor: Excuse me, gentlemen, could you move along? There is nothing to see here.GP: F**k off, you cant stop us ect.

They could have the perimeter set up much like Oblivion's construction site was back in the day. Have warning radiation signs up. Have guys walking the perimeter in Nuclear suits / Geiger counters trying to clear people away from looking into the construction site.

See this would work if that wasn't a little river seperating the island from the new land :)

I think until we start to see this going up, we should get rid of this 'oh it's Thorpe LOL' attitude. It's only fair, I mean from the plans it's obvious they are at least trying with this. If I were on the team designing this, still seeing comments like 'oh it's Thorpe they won't bother because they suck hahahaha' would really annoy me, after releasing plans with such good themeing included. Fair enough, if all of the stuff shown gets scrapped feel free to go back to bashing them, but I for one am giving them a chance.

I'm confident that if Thorpe stick to what we see at the moment, they will deliver some great pieces of theming. Thorpe aren't the greatest when it comes to converting paper into reality (and that's as a whole, not just with theming), but this seems to be the project that could change that.However, there's always a chance that the plans could change. Stealth, with the abolishment of the grandstand queue line. Saw, getting rid off the windmill. As long as that doesn't happen with LC12, and they convert what they're showing on paper to reality, then this will be very impressive!

As long as it is better than this...Posted Image...Then it will be a step forward for Thorpe Park.Merlin Studios are not that bad when they want to do things well. Being a significant development, LC12 should get the money granted that it deserves for theming. I am confident that the days of bland, "WHOOPS we forgut teh theming"-style rides are over. Nick Varney Mark Fisher said in an interview recently about how they take 'theme' a lot more seriously now, and that "we probably would never do a ride without a story these days" (or something along those lines).Should be lovely, let's just hope that it is more visually pleasing than Saw's rather excessive dust and rubble, there are better ways of conveying an atmosphere of destruction, y'know... :rolleyes:

I think until we start to see this going up, we should get rid of this 'oh it's Thorpe LOL' attitude. It's only fair, I mean from the plans it's obvious they are at least trying with this. If I were on the team designing this, still seeing comments like 'oh it's Thorpe they won't bother because they suck hahahaha' would really annoy me, after releasing plans with such good themeing included. Fair enough, if all of the stuff shown gets scrapped feel free to go back to bashing them, but I for one am giving them a chance.

I wasn't really bashing Thorpe I was just saying that I hope Thorpe dont do the bare minimum and really knuckle down and try hard to them this ride well and as you said if the plans are anything to go by we should see some good theming.

Nick Varney said in an interview recently about how they take theme a lot more seriously now, and that "we probably would never do a ride without a story these days" (or something along those lines).

Genuinely want to know where this interview is. Always interesting to hear stuff from the leaders...

With anything like this, things change during the development process. Whether it's a theatre show (lighting, set, costumes, sound effects and even the script itself), or an attraction at a theme park (although I see theatre and theme parks as pretty much the same).Everyone wants the project to be successful both financially and for the audience, so there are so many people involved in the project, things are bound to change. Sometimes things turn out better than originally planned, sometimes not as good. If I remember, Saw's layout changed considerably after the initial plan- with another overbanked turn and block brakes, however, I believe the air time hill we have now is much better than what could have potentially killed the pacing of the ride.Even better if something can be done cheaper but still be as good as what was originally planned.

Quite simply - the theming will not be more important than the ride. If that were to be the case, they wouldn't have gone all out back to B&M again. We'd have seen further Saw - The Ride's.

Ok yeah, I meant the ride experience is mentioned as not being the same without theming and therefore making the main parts of the theming cruitical to the rides apperance and on ride experience, sorry I was tired couldnt phrase it correctly. Hopefully that makes more sense? :rolleyes:

'Script' wise, the ride will still be being 'put together' and details aren't finalised, but one thing's for sure, with huge bits of theming going in, I expect marketing to have a field day! Loads of possibilities to grab our attention!While yes, often budgets get scaled down-as Storm Surge (how could it be scaled down any more, you may wonder!), LC12 is a far bigger project and the park will still pull out all the stops and just maybe, will have one or two little suprises yet to reveal about this one.. ;-)