THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

All the theming works the vast majority of the time, I can only think of the very odd occasion when one part of themings not working..

Hmm, I must have been bloody unlucky last year then. I only saw the indoor blades working once or twice out of all of my visits, and the strobe/air guns were out of sync on every single one of my rides last year. The man on the floor was always working however.Though on my one ride on Saw so far in 2011, every effect was working and in sync, so well done Thorpe for actually paying attention this year.

Sorry if this is old news but just read some more information I didn't think was already on this topic, (found on RCDB) about what to be expected for LC12.Inversions: 5 Elements: Inclined LoopDive LoopCorkscrewHeartline RollZero-G RollAlso, very excited for this ride!

Hmm, I must have been bloody unlucky last year then. I only saw the indoor blades working once or twice out of all of my visits, and the strobe/air guns were out of sync on every single one of my rides last year. The man on the floor was always working however.Though on my one ride on Saw so far in 2011, every effect was working and in sync, so well done Thorpe for actually paying attention this year.

The effects were put back into sync around half way though last year, granted they did spend the back end of 09 / start of 10 out of sync. I think the inside blades are the only bit I saw not working, but worked the vast majority of my rides

Sorry if this is old news but just read some more information I didn't think was already on this topic, (found on RCDB) about what to be expected for LC12.Inversions: 5 Elements: Inclined LoopDive LoopCorkscrewHeartline RollZero-G RollAlso, very excited for this ride!

That is not quite right, there are in fact only 4 inversions, the inclined loop is more like a over banked turn and not classed as an inversion.

• 2 weeks later...

LC12.net eh? More importantly there is an obvious 'clue' in that picture. What is the word that has been scribbled out?I STILL stand by my guess that LC stands for 'Last Call' as in the end of the world, we're being evacuated but hey, Large Cake could well be it.(I'm off to find the ending song to Portal now...)

Well I think this is the first comfirmation that this is directly related to the whole 2012 crap, I mean it was pretty obvious, but its nice to see the actual comfirmation which is cool. This'll go down a treat with the GP, and enthusiasts alike which is great. We get an awesome theme, and some cool publicity stunt to play with, and the GP will be drawn in by the whole end of the world stuff since they probably believe in it.Oh and one of the metatags for the site is:whyareyoulookinghereyoushouldbelookingforthemThere's probably a few other things on the site hidden, but I don't have time to look right nowOh and in case you're wondering, the site was registered by Merlin, so its not just some fan made site.

That's some good snooping right there Jack! Anyone done an IP search or code examining? Hersheypark hid a clue in the page code of one of the pages on it's RIT website.EDIT: Line 11: <meta name="Keywords" content="whyareyoulookinghereyoushouldbelookingforthem,lc12,2012,the end,the truth,danger,warning">Thorpe know we're snooping! I'd say we need to watch the page code then B) Also, I just noticed they retweeted my tweet. Lol.

Yes, the hype really has begun.I've uploaded a few pictures on my twitter profile and will get some to Marc shortly.The park was covered in flyers today. 'The end is coming, uncover the truth'. Ride supports, bins, walls, games.. Everything. With thousands if guests on park, I doubt there was a single person who missed this.Another good thing was some actors were running around the park, in sandwhich boards, with the same slogan on.With actors 'freaking out' and running about, even security got in on the action and 'moved them along..'I feel this is only the start. There will be many suprises yet to come..