THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

What I don't get with big rollercoasters is that the theme is always so depressing. Stealth became my most enjoyed rollercoaster at Thorpe because it doesn't take itself to seriously.So far Thorpe have errupting volcanos,a tackily themed horror euro fighter, a lost mayan city , crazy computers and now for all intents and purposes the end of the world (or Thorpe park anyway). Maybe hoping you die is the only way Thorpe are able to prompt discussion these days. :P

Take a post out of a context why don't you?It would be funny in am ironic way is what he is saying. Anyway, isn't it predicted in late 2012?The whole end of world thing in general is just meh really. If it ends, then it will be quick for us when we die, so no worries.

Thank you for understanding my post. And 21st December 2012 is when it's 'supposedly' going to happen.

What I don't get with big rollercoasters is that the theme is always so depressing. Stealth became my most enjoyed rollercoaster at Thorpe because it doesn't take itself to seriously.So far Thorpe have errupting volcanos,a tackily themed horror euro fighter, a lost mayan city , crazy computers and now for all intents and purposes the end of the world (or Thorpe park anyway). Maybe hoping you die is the only way Thorpe are able to prompt discussion these days. :P

In what way is Saw tackily themed? I love the theming!

You will reach 17 because the world is not going to end in 2012 :PNasa have even confirmed that the whole 2012 apocalypse idea is nonsense. A few days ago Nasa have even named the film 2012 as the most absurd sci fi film ever made because it is based around something that won't happen and has made people become suicidal. The world will not end in 2012, there will be a 2013! :PIf LC12 is themed round the end of the world, it will be very awkward in 2013 because the world did not end during the previous year. If they theme it around an apocalyptic event thousands of years into the future that doesn't involve the whole world ending then it will be a whole lot better because it will not cause any fear of the world ending that year and won't seem pointless the year after.

Most of the queue is outside surrounded by coiled up metal and some barrels. The inside section of the ride has UV painted axes and the crossbows are just a waste of space. Woo.

I wouldn't say the insie was tacky, just very much lacking and reeking of missed opportunity (bar the bathroom).

If LC12 is themed round the end of the world, it will be very awkward in 2013 because the world did not end during the previous year. If they theme it around an apocalyptic event thousands of years into the future that doesn't involve the whole world ending then it will be a whole lot better because it will not cause any fear of the world ending that year and won't seem pointless the year after.

Not necessarily. Thorpe tend to market their coasters for 2 years (so in this case, 2012 and 2013). So if it is based around the world ending in 2012, then they could easily create a sort of secondary story line, perhaps having face the inevitable of what 2012 was going to be? Thorpe may have bad points, but they aren't stupid enough to create a ride theme that only lasts a year.To be honest, I don't think LC12 will have an end of the world theme, but more a monster / beast preparing to cause havoc and meaning that the end will come of Thorpe..

A general apocalyptic theme will work, in fact it doesn't have to be about the world ending at all as an apocalyptic event is a devastating disaster like the nukes being dropped on Japan during WW2 or a freak hurricane devastating a certain location. They could easily make up an apocalyptic event and use it as the ride's theme. Can see a science fiction apocalyptic theme coming into fruition, Aliens landing and aiming to destroy the world can work, but you need to stop them before they wreck havoc! Of course you stop the aliens and they go back to their planet. But judging by the poster it should be a nuclear war theme, can see a post apocalyptic theme of a nuked location being used so long as they do not use Terminator, another IP won't go down well with enthusiasts :P.