August 30, 201212 yr comment_140560 Already been done, Experiment 10...... How is visiting a laboratory and being experimented on by humans related to an alien invasion? Unless I missed the point of E10 completely...
August 30, 201212 yr comment_140564 I wonder what it will be - I saw a poster outside the park today that said "Fright nights - New horror attraction".
August 30, 201212 yr Author comment_140568 I suppose Thorpe shouldn't really call them 'mazes' because well, it's a winding corridor... Not a maze. I'm hoping this is something to either replace The Curse, or to add to the current collection of 'winding corridors' that the park already have; I'm still kind of expecting a walk through though.
August 30, 201212 yr comment_140569 A good addition would be Canada Creek railway turned into a ghost train with actors! Trains are all still there, track in good condition! Would be something different. Although personally I reckon it is more likely to be Hellgate's replacement.
August 30, 201212 yr comment_140571 I suppose Thorpe shouldn't really call them 'mazes' because well, it's a winding corridor... Not a maze. Back in 2002 (and maybe 2003?) The Freezer was an actual maze, with dead ends and alternate routes. However, it was a nightmare for throughputs. With groups getting lost and spending ages in there, along with other groups catching up, overtaking, colliding into one another, and perhaps even some groups going the wrong way, an actual maze was a bit of a disaster in some ways. I knew someone who was told which way to go by an actor - who had to break out of character to do so - as they past them a couple of times. I guess calling them mazes adds to the fear - the thought that you *could* get lost. But I think many parks call their long, winding corridors mazes, so I don't think it really matter.
August 30, 201212 yr Author comment_140578 I guess calling them mazes adds to the fear - the thought that you *could* get lost. But I think many parks call their long, winding corridors mazes, so I don't think it really matter. I do agree with you, it doesn't really bother me what they call them, what I was trying to say in my post is that just because Thorpe have addressed this addition as a 'horror attraction', we shouldn't rule out anything along the lines of E10 or Se7en. Also, an actor broke out of character for me in Terror of the Towers two years ago. The guy leading our group walked through the video section which meant we caught up with the group in front, the guy was told to wait and when told to go ahead, he went down a fire exit! The actor then broke out of character and directed him down the right route. ^Spoilered it in case anybody hasn't been in TotT and doesn't want to know what goes on inside.
August 31, 201212 yr comment_140601 Sunday 4th November is now a Fright Nights date with Monday 5th open 10-5 meaning no fireworks this year.
August 31, 201212 yr comment_140603 Well Thorpe have really blown this s#!t up, haven't that? After advertising that it would be returning all around the park, on their website, and on their gate map, then to go back on that decision and cancel the event - seemingly - just doesn't reflect well on the park. Fireworks was well received last season, so it's a real shame that they've really felt that they can't bring it back this season, presumably because of costs. It's not just the fact that they've cancelled the event that annoys me, it's the fact that after advertising it so heavily, they're not going to do it. I do hope that (if the event has been cancelled of course, and they're not just changing dates) there's a reason for this which isn't cost cutting, otherwise I, and presumably many others, will be hugely disappointed and annoyed with the park...
August 31, 201212 yr comment_140607 What the hell? Are we saying then that they ran the event last year at a loss? With the park at capacity and a few thousand spent on the bangers I don't see that could be possible. It must surely be another factor then, like the council telling them to keep it down or whatever. If, on the other hand, they've lost the ability to see it's good business to spend a few thousand to make a few tens of thousand then we really are in trouble.
August 31, 201212 yr comment_140608 I blame Ryan for saying Thorpe's Ents department was going really well this year...
August 31, 201212 yr comment_140609 What the hell? Are we saying then that they ran the event last year at a loss? With the park at capacity and a few thousand spent on the bangers I don't see that could be possible. It must surely be another factor then, like the council telling them to keep it down or whatever. If, on the other hand, they've lost the ability to see it's good business to spend a few thousand to make a few tens of thousand then we really are in trouble. Capacity?! No where near, fireworks were very quiet!
August 31, 201212 yr comment_140610 Capacity?! No where near, fireworks were very quiet! Really? I didn't go and was told otherwise. Fair enough then, maybe it did run at a loss? In which case it might be right to cancel it. Still sucks though.
September 1, 201212 yr comment_140611 I think the park had to set a limit of between 8-10k on guests due to H&S reasons? Those sort of numbers are quiet, but it maybe te case that the park did reach 'capacity' in this sense?
September 1, 201212 yr comment_140612 I think the park had to set a limit of between 8-10k on guests due to H&S reasons? Those sort of numbers are quiet, but it maybe te case that the park did reach 'capacity' in this sense? Say what? That's mental... Such a small amount of people for the park in what should be an busy set of days...
September 1, 201212 yr comment_140613 On the Saturday of Blow sh!t up last year they were at their capacity but as it was such a low capacity the park was quiet thus leading to this confussion. Anyway, back on topic, YAY, Fright Nights.
September 1, 201212 yr comment_140614 If you take that lowest estimate and multiply it by a generous £22 pp average entrance fee they took at least £176,000 that day before anyone has spent a penny on park. There is no way the event runs at a loss then, so why stop it?
September 1, 201212 yr comment_140615 They have updateted there website and there is now a advertisement for frightnights!
September 1, 201212 yr comment_140619 Well this is a shame. Thorpe Blast (better name) was the best day on park last season for me. Hopefully this means Fright Nights gets a bigger budget for some themeing outside of mazes.
September 1, 201212 yr comment_140620 Right it is near enough guarenteed that all mazes/attractions will be only recommended for over 12's! This is because on the iPhone app it says Latenight attractions are not suitable for U12's
September 1, 201212 yr comment_140621 Right it is near enough guarenteed that all mazes/attractions will be only recommended for over 12's! This is because on the iPhone app it says Latenight attractions are not suitable for U12's They always are, every year
September 1, 201212 yr comment_140623 Except saw movie bits I'm pretty sure that wasn't at the park last year, so it's pretty much confirmed already that it won't be there this year either.
September 1, 201212 yr comment_140635 Sunday 4th November is now a Fright Nights date with Monday 5th open 10-5 meaning no fireworks this year. I hate the UK and what its theme parks now stand for.
September 1, 201212 yr comment_140636 Advertising on the site already... how long will it be till the new attraction(s) are released? Check it out @ http://www.thorpepark.com/
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.