Next Big Thing - 2016 Development ?

pluk

So I decided to do some research and came up with a couple theories:

This is site 1. It sits just between saw and logger's leap's lake, and actually covers some of the railroad and loggers leap. w3ehJVb.jpg

This is site 2. It overlaps ever so slightly with the swarm, and I believe the island was developed during the development of the swarm.

L4jW7Na.jpg

There have been some blueprints floating round recently of another B&M layout going on site 2.

ThorpePark2010-2015.jpg

It is probably another wing rider, and it very compact, much like the swarm, however does not coil and turn in such small areas, in the same places, but rather moves freely in its space. The fact that in the plans and in several other pictures there are bridges connecting from the sunken garden and the swarm to the island, suggest some kind of development or planning is going on there.

At site 1, there have been several storage tents in the area around the past couple years, and you can see them if you do the lake walk which passes down the back of the waterski area and thorpey. (You also get a great view of loggers leaps drop and nemesis and stealth, AND the swarm!)

They clearly use the space, and seeing as there is plenty there as the railroad is disused, it is perfectly applicable to be home of a new rollercoaster.

Something like some of the romoured plans for heide parks ride would be awesome:

GrundrissGesamt_big.jpg

Or, even an RMC, which gives the opportunity for lap bars and inversions!

There are also 2 small thin spaces in thorpe, including one of the car parks and down the border past site 2, spaces for possibly a hyper, or something of that kind, however I feel these 2 spaces are the ones most likely to home a ride because of their space and current activity.

I would put it more likely to be site two as a coaster is planned; which may look similar to a Wingrider but probably is something completely different as it was planned for at the same time as the Swarm, and also given the fact the island is there and ready to go with no tree removal or such being needed.

I do hear what you're saying around near SAW but it'd be a bit of a bottlekneck, as they'd have no choice but to turn the railway into the path; thus meaning you'd just walk through SAW to get to it.

Still think it should be wood! Was talking to one of the ents staff today at the science week event and it all came down to maintenance costs of wooden coasters. They still have the planning permission for the woodie so it's not out of the question for the future, especially with these hybrids. We also discussed how easy it would be to make the tallest fastest wooden in Britain because they are so rare over here.

From what the person I was talking to said the next coaster is looking to be 2016 although it is still very up in the air.

(I know that I was talking to a member of staff who doesn't know all the information but still, it's nice to share)

I'm not sure what is going on but there seems to be an awful lot of activity near the old Miss Hippo's Fungle Safari and behind Nemesis. Personally I'd love an Intamin Zac Spin there :)

This is where they store old ride cars and other objects. If you go in the summer, or do the lake walk, you'll see a bunch of rafts and metal board all the way along the back.

I wouldn't know, but the lack of wooden coasters in the UK is disturbing. The nearest one to me is 300 miles away. Too far just to ride a woodie, thus, I have never been on one.

This is where they store old ride cars and other objects. If you go in the summer, or do the lake walk, you'll see a bunch of rafts and metal board all the way along the back.

I wouldn't know, but the lack of wooden coasters in the UK is disturbing. The nearest one to me is 300 miles away. Too far just to ride a woodie, thus, I have never been on one.

I understand that, infact there are numerous Rumba cars still there however there seems to be work going on in the Fungle Safari area. There seems to be a new pathway/fence going around the back of Inferno's Shop.

I'm all for a woodie like Apocalypse at Magic Mountain! Seriously, it kicks ass over any of Blackpool's woodies; Stampida; or even Colossus at Magic Mountain - Apocalypse is just, something else especially with that station fly through :wub:

Equally though, if they do go and add a family roller coaster I would be very pro seeing something like one of these new B&M Family Inverted roller coasters like we see being built in Shanghai, going next to Inferno. So we have like a big Inferno and a little Inferno. That little B&M is so adorable.

I understand that, infact there are numerous Rumba cars still there however there seems to be work going on in the Fungle Safari area. There seems to be a new pathway/fence going around the back of Inferno's Shop.

Wasn't that created at fright nights? Idk, but good point out. I'll have a look at it this weekend.

I know they want too appeal to families more but that, in my opinion so there's no evidence behind this, is TOO babyish, like its very slow, except the not smooth launch and has lots of sections of the ride that is wasted and inefficient time of moving VERY slowly. I know its turning into a family market but surely THORPE could muster up something better than that...