What Rides Are You Required to Wear Your Shoes?

TPJames

Question

Hey guys,

I am visiting thorpe in 13 days and just have a question about which rides let you take off your shoes etc. I understand that the flat rides like samurai, vortex, rush and detonator allow shoes off but are there any other rides which allow you to do this?

Many thanks

As far as I know all coasters require footwear (in case of evacuation I presume), along with all water rides.

Why on earth do you want to take your shoes off?

I don't wanna sound rude here, but I don't think you need to know why?

Anyway, I've heard that nemesis inferno allows people to take their shoes off but that might just be my imagination, that is the only coaster I could see you being allowed to take them off anyway!

You are right, I don't need to know why. But I'd imagine if there is good reason for you needing to take your shoes off (medical etc, but I can't think what the hell that would be?!) then Thorpe might be more accommodating and allow it. If it just because you like to feel the wind through your toes they're likely to tell you to stop messing about with you shoes and get on the ride.

Anyway, I've heard that nemesis inferno allows people to take their shoes off but that might just be my imagination, that is the only coaster I could see you being allowed to take them off anyway!

Definitely not on Inferno. If you were evacuated, you'd have to tred on the woodchippings / whatever it is just before the lift, and so you could risk getting splinters and such, so you have to have footwear on. On the other hand, you can wear shoes on Nemesis at AT I believe.

Presumably the entrance boards at each attraction will state whether shirts and/or shoes must be worn on rides. If you have a spare 30 seconds, you can check through them to see if it says so or not.

Definitely not on Inferno. If you were evacuated, you'd have to tred on the woodchippings / whatever it is just before the lift, and so you could risk getting splinters and such, so you have to have footwear on. On the other hand, you can wear shoes on Nemesis at AT I believe.

Presumably the entrance boards at each attraction will state whether shirts and/or shoes must be worn on rides. If you have a spare 30 seconds, you can check through them to see if it says so or not.

Thanks for the advice, I will do :)

True that you probably should wear shoes, but people always leave them on the platform, especially on Inferno, Vortex, Samurai, etc.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you discreetly pop them in the bag shelf then it's unlikely that anyone is going to stop you!

Which makes it a difficult rule. Must wear shoes, apart from almost every type of shoe going.

Does this mean that guests with flip flips have different type of feet to aid evacuation than others?

It's a rule that I just find silly. Either everyone wears shoes, or anyone can take them off. Shouldn't be an issue for anything else.

On Nemesis Inferno, you MUST wear your shoes, the only exception to this are high heeled boots/shoes, strapless shoes (flip flops) or backless shoes. If your shoes are able to be secured with Velcro or laces you will have to wear your shoes.

There is actually now an automated announcement that plays after dispatch theme finishes telling guests to keep shoes on.

There is actually now an automated announcement that plays after dispatch theme finishes telling guests to keep shoes on.

For safety reasons loose shoes like I highlighted aren't permitted incase they fling off and hit people. The last thing anyone would want is a high heel smack them in the head :P

For safety reasons loose shoes like I highlighted aren't permitted incase they fling off and hit people. The last thing anyone would want is a high heel smack them in the head :P

Yep I am aware of that (Ouchie!!! :unsure: I don't fancy that either) and I think the sign entering the station mentions flipflops and high heels being the exception, but am sure the announcement says to keep shoes on without mentioning the exception. Of course I could have misheard as the announcement was unclear due to high level of bass and background noise.

On Nemesis Inferno, you MUST wear your shoes, the only exception to this are high heeled boots/shoes, strapless shoes (flip flops) or backless shoes. If your shoes are able to be secured with Velcro or laces you will have to wear your shoes.

This is the rule I think I heard about- surely if you can take some types of shoes off you can take others off? Because it ovbiously doesn't make a difference if you wear shoes or not with this rule- and if you can't, it sounds like an extremely stupid rule!

This is the rule I think I heard about- surely if you can take some types of shoes off you can take others off? Because it ovbiously doesn't make a difference if you wear shoes or not with this rule- and if you can't, it sounds like an extremely stupid rule!

No.... If your shoes are likley to fall off during the ride then you can take them off, if not you must leave them on.

Difference being in an evacuation its easier to take up 1 or 2 pairs of shoes than it is taking up a train full of people who wanted to take them off.

Whats more stupid is peoples obsession with taking their shoes off in the first place.

No.... If your shoes are likley to fall off during the ride then you can take them off, if not you must leave them on.

Difference being in an evacuation its easier to take up 1 or 2 pairs of shoes than it is taking up a train full of people who wanted to take them off.

Do they bring up peoples shoes? What if they had 28 riders of flip flops?

I dont see the issue whatsoever, just let people take their shoes off as long as they're not delaying the ride. Makes life easier and throughputs better for the extremely rare chance of inferno breaking down on lifthill.

Whats more stupid is peoples obsession with taking their shoes off in the first place.

And the stupidity of not wearing practical footwear when you're walking around all day...

Then again, I saw someone in a blue dress you tend to see on nights out at Thorpe Saturday, so people have no sense...

And the stupidity of not wearing practical footwear when you're walking around all day...

Then again, I saw someone in a blue dress you tend to see on nights out at Thorpe Saturday, so people have no sense...

Those kind of dresses are amazing, when they sit down they don't seemingly care and you just see right up there.

It's wonderful.

With allowing some shoes to be removed on Inferno, I think the issue would be that it's equally as dangerous to try and walk down the evac stairs in heels (and to a lesser extent flipflops) as it is to ride wearing them, so they'd want you take them off anyway.