Summer Nights

MarkC

Dunno why anyone thinks Merlin food is expensive. £7 is an average meal without discount and that comes with a drink.

You'd be lucky to have similar quality for that price in the other parks - and go disneyland paris it's £13 euro for an equivilent!

Saw was on 7. The rest on 1. But it doesn't matter! We only queued once and that was for Stealth front row. The whole atmosphere was brilliant and it didn't feel dead unlike the earlier ones last year.

Quite a few families there as well on the beach and stuff like X, dodgems, teacups and Fish. Was great to see!

The staff on Saw and Colossus were amazing as well, especially Saw, that station was hilarious! :P

My ride count was:

Saw- 5

Inferno- 5

X- 3

Colossus- 2

Swarm, Stealth and dodgems- 1

Was great to see them growing on this from last year and seemingly being quite successful (although the real test will be the next few as they don't have 750 annual pass holders who got it for free).

So a very successful first event :) Can't speak for the BBQ (Didn't know it was there!) But new additions to the line up included the dodgems and the teacups :) Staff were once again lively and chatty which is how I like them :P (Shoutout to the guy on Colussus singing and doing limbos and the guy on X who was raving with us all the way! :D

Managed to get the last train on Stealth too which was fun :P 

Probably saw a load of you without realising tbh XD I did see J.S17 once or twice but there was never a good moment to say hi since we were always in different places in the queuelines! 

18 rides is 6 rides an hour which equates to one every 10 minutes. For the majority of guests that's brilliant. Plus, we could have got to 33 or whatever if we wanted but we walked to different rides in between our rides. And we had a look at the beach, DJ etc. If we'd have stayed at Saw for 30 minutes, then Colossus and so on we'd have got more done. Everyone was happy though which is what matters most, not how many rides you get done. Thorpe met their statement of minimal queues very well.

Surely it'll get quieter at first? 750 free annual pass holders this time round, you won't have those next time.

but sill I don't think 750 people don't so much to the ques because they will be separated across the park

edit any one know the cap on the amount of people they let in

Surely it'll get quieter at first? 750 free annual pass holders this time round, you won't have those next time.

I was under the impression that it was a MAP night only for free, rather than with normal guests as well...

It did get busier as time went on last year though... And with only 750 MAP holders for free, the rest will probably still go...

I was under the impression that it was a MAP night only for free, rather than with normal guests as well...

Nah, it was for everyone, much like how in the past they had free Fright Night previews for AP holders, but others could still get in.

It'll probably get busier like last year though, what with word of mouth and everything.  

It did get busier as time went on last year though... And with only 750 MAP holders for free, the rest will probably still go...

no there was stranded tickets available for the 11th online

Was there again tonight - was certainly busier than Friday - although queues were still generally pretty good - most I saw was Stealth at about 10 mins, the rest was just a couple trains wait.

Find the atmosphere much better when there are a few more at these events and they are not totally dead!

I went on I think the first or second Friday last year and I couldn't believe how dead it was, literally had to wait for people at times for the ride to be sent off, or majority of the time being the only ones on the ride which is great fun... It certainly did feel eerie walking around the park knowing you probably wouldn't see anyone!

I have never been to a Summer nights, but I wouldn't not want it to be really dead like Dean just explained. But then again, I wouldn't want it too busy. The maximum I'd like to wait realistically is 1/2 trains to be honest, as you are paying for no queues.

I actually quite like the atmosphere when Thorpe is basically dead.  It's a strange sense of peace and quiet accompanied with the excitement and anticipation of being in a theme park.  Being on an island too gives more of a secluded feel as well I guess.  

Admittedly, it's something which more suits for something a bit scarier or darker (eg Fright Nights).  And you want a more relaxed, party atmosphere for these sort of things.  

Really glad to hear the likes of Teacups and Dodgems are open though! :D