Summer Nights

MarkC

Not surprising to see they've now changed their wording to 'hardly any queues' and 'very small queues'. Subtle but it can make a difference. Would explain why they've not sold out if they've increased the amount of numbers they're letting in to make up for the lost projected profit after the price drop. From Thorpe's perspective 'hardly any queues' probably means anything up to 20 minutes...

Not surprising to see they've now changed their wording to 'hardly any queues' and 'very small queues'. Subtle but it can make a difference. Would explain why they've not sold out if they've increased the amount of numbers they're letting in to make up for the lost projected profit after the price drop. From Thorpe's perspective 'hardly any queues' probably means anything up to 20 minutes...

And 1 train op...

So, Fastrack?

Just another question (sorry if its been covered already).

No online ticket printing - only collection from advance booking hut. Does this mean 1000's of people all queuing for collection of their tickets which lets face it, they ain't the quickest at churning out the tickets checking paperwork etc etc.

Doors open at 7pm - could mean queuing for a while before you even get in to go on the rides....

I'm a bit concerned... I can't get there until about 7-7.15pm as I'm picking up a friend from the train station as he's coming in straight from working in London - by 7.15pm there will be a HUGE queue which will surely eat into roller coaster time!

Any thoughts?

Tommy good idea but would I need to exit the car park oh hang on its free parking so I should be able to queue up for 7pm then pick him up!

He's coming into Staines as I'm told its the nearest station... Although I thought Chertsey would be...

So the ticket gates are opening at 7pm for definate? I'm still sure there will be massive queues probably from 6pm onwards...

Just another question (sorry if its been covered already).

No online ticket printing - only collection from advance booking hut. Does this mean 1000's of people all queuing for collection of their tickets which lets face it, they ain't the quickest at churning out the tickets checking paperwork etc etc.

Doors open at 7pm - could mean queuing for a while before you even get in to go on the rides....

I'm a bit concerned... I can't get there until about 7-7.15pm as I'm picking up a friend from the train station as he's coming in straight from working in London - by 7.15pm there will be a HUGE queue which will surely eat into roller coaster time!

Any thoughts?

They have this problem with MOS becauase you can only get your tickets from there, it would be best trying to get them as early as possible at MOS they opened about 6 I think

Tommy good idea but would I need to exit the car park oh hang on its free parking so I should be able to queue up for 7pm then pick him up!

He's coming into Staines as I'm told its the nearest station... Although I thought Chertsey would be...

So the ticket gates are opening at 7pm for definate? I'm still sure there will be massive queues probably from 6pm onwards...

the parking won't be free around 7, because that's when the park (well queue lines) close to the general public... I'm confused how they're going to distinguish between normal guests and the summer nights event guests - as for me I'm going in the day as well, so hoping I can get my ticket (and guessing it's a wristband or something if they have to tell guests apart) in the morning and just stay in there the whole time; anyone have any info on that procedure?

the parking won't be free around 7, because that's when the park (well queue lines) close to the general public... I'm confused how they're going to distinguish between normal guests and the summer nights event guests - as for me I'm going in the day as well, so hoping I can get my ticket (and guessing it's a wristband or something if they have to tell guests apart) in the morning and just stay in there the whole time; anyone have any info on that procedure?

At mos they had wrist bands and they use them for the crash pad as well, so I'm sure they ill hand them out, that might be why you can only collect there instead of download :)

If Ministry is anything to go by, you won't have any problems picking up your tickets - they're pretty quick. They CAN be picked up at any time during the day too.

As for the queues.. Again... Using Ministry as the example - the first one this year, Swarm was walk on ALL EVENING even though it was on 1 train operation. As was Stealth and the other rides, yet that had about 1000 people there.Although, it was pretty cold so take it with a pinch of salt. For the Ministry in September last year, the max queue was 20 mins for Stealth.

So, I've just got back from this evening's event.

It's fantastic! When they said no queues, they literally me no queues. Swarm, Inferno, Stealth and Colossus are on 1 train, X was on 2 and Saw was on 6 cars(!). The longest wait I had was for Swarm, at the start of the event, for back row, and that was the equivalent of one circuit. I began to feel ill with all the rides (feel like I'm getting old...). All the staff were fantastic - friendly and happy, despite maybe only dispatching trains for a couple of people.

There were a few drink places open, and a couple of the coaster shops - enough to keep everyone going. Though I don't know how many people were on park, I doubt it was more than a few hundred.

Really fantastic event, and I hope this turns out to be a success for the park.

For anyone interested, here's my ride count (bare in mind I was still hobbling around a bit and took a few breathers between rides):

Swarm x10 (3 backwards)

X x6

Inferno x5

Saw x2

Flying Fish x1

Storm Surge x1

So, I've just got back from this evening's event.

It's fantastic! When they said no queues, they literally me no queues. Swarm, Inferno, Stealth and Colossus are on 1 train, X was on 2 and Saw was on 6 cars(!). The longest wait I had was for Swarm, at the start of the event, for back row, and that was the equivalent of one circuit. I began to feel ill with all the rides (feel like I'm getting old...). All the staff were fantastic - friendly and happy, despite maybe only dispatching trains for a couple of people.

There were a few drink places open, and a couple of the coaster shops - enough to keep everyone going. Though I don't know how many people were on park, I doubt it was more than a few hundred.

Really fantastic event, and I hope this turns out to be a success for the park.

For anyone interested, here's my ride count (bare in mind I was still hobbling around a bit and took a few breathers between rides):

Swarm x10 (3 backwards)

X x6

Inferno x5

Saw x2

Flying Fish x1

Storm Surge x1

glad you had a good time - and how it was so quiet! :o

hope it's like that when I go next friday... how did the tickets work etc.? because next week the park is open til 7 which is when the gates open for the night rides, and I'll be there all day as it is, so really confused, thanks.

I went last night and it was amazing like Josh said!! I walked on everything! My ride count (and I was proper shaken about by the end of it..)

Swarm x 5 (2 backward in a row)

Saw x 4

Storm surge x 4 (for a breather!!)

X x 6

Stealth x 8

The staff were in good spirits - even had one come on storm sturge to make a 4 up as that's policy !

The only thing was after 9pm Bar 360 stopped serving food and no where else was open so ended up stopping at Cobham services at 10.45 for KFC! Ended up back at home in Essex by 12.30 lol

We had wristbands and I got to the queue at 7.30 and took about 15 mins to get in and only had 2 ticket booths open.

The car park was literally empty....

Was a great night but intense with all the rides done in such a short time lol!!!

I just got back... The event needs work, as letting people in at 7 into an empty park with no wristbands or knowledge of what would be open (compounded by the weather, but that cannot be helped), made things slightly awkward for everyone...

Inferno and Swarm shops were shut too... I got a decent ride count, even with the burdenous rain, but its an event that needs work to really take off, rather than trying to sell tickets at the end of a day with desperation...

Also, no ice cream rain... What was the point in the advert if there's not going to be anything?

And Storm Surge closing in the rain with everything else (bar Swarm due to evac) running? Classic Thorpe...

Reading the two reviews on here it shows how going on a different day can have such a different atmosphere. I have always found this with Thorpe, you either have a brilliant day or a disappointing day. I do feel Thorpe always struggle to give a consistent experience.

Other theme parks you go to you can almost predict what kind of day you will have, where as Thorpe you never really know.

I do hope these events work out, to be honest they really need to work as this is something extra for the guests staying over in the CP. I just feel it might be best for Thorpe to just extend the normal hours during the summer. With the fantastic weather we have had over the last few weeks and very warm evenings, they only needed to do a little Facebook/Twitter advertising, maybe local radio advert and I'm sure they would have easily been able to keep the park full up until very late.

Reading the two reviews on here it shows how going on a different day can have such a different atmosphere. I have always found this with Thorpe, you either have a brilliant day or a disappointing day. I do feel Thorpe always struggle to give a consistent experience.

Other theme parks you go to you can almost predict what kind of day you will have, where as Thorpe you never really know.

How do you manage to predict how your day's going to go at other theme parks? I'm not sure I understand your point at all. Your experience of a day is affected by an enormous variety of things, I really don't think Thorpe is the main conductor in that, that's just sort of how life operates...

From what I've seen so far it seems to be a satisfying event for the guests who go, it's just that Thorpe themselves haven't quite figured out the most efficient way of running it.

I went to Fridays one and thought it was pretty good, The Noise played park wide which wasnt bad for the evening, but the park was just too quiet imo.

Got on everything multiple times (apart from Tidal Wave)..

Reliability was good, only saw Storm Surge go down for 5 mins. Am going again next week, I hope it starts to get abit busier as it will be hard for the park to justify staying open when its that quiet!

I can back this up with many factors:

• Reliably of rides - they are either all working or you have may out of action
  • Queues - either non or very long
  • Staff - Either very friendly or miserable and want to go home
  • Audio - Sometimes they get it working ok, other times it doesn't work at all
  • Refill drinks - Either the mix is right or wrong
  • Effects on rides - Work sometimes, and not at other times
  • Attitude of guests - Either very family/friendly or a car crash

What I am getting at is you can have one visit and it can be brilliant, you enjoy yourself, get on loads of rides and it is something you will remember and want to come back again and again, on other trips you have a completely different experience