Summer Nights

MarkC

I was surprised on MoS that I did see quite a lot of people doing X. Also surprisingly Colossus and Saw were both walk on and going round half empty whenever I saw them! Stealth and NI were the ones I saw build up a modest queue at a couple of times, but it really was 2 or 3 dispatches max before boarding which on one train can be 5/10 mins.

Well I guess X is inkeeping with the MOS event! I'm not surprised it was busy at that event!

Well I'll be going on Stealth as many times as I can lol I only ever get on it once when I go as its always so busy and this is even at off peak times like during the week in the first half of the year when its cold!

Made a massive boo boo going mid week last week as it was full of school kids! I think I might avoid July altogether next year as most people from uni and college and last year of school are probably finished and its heaving with school trips!

I'm going to go back second week of September when I know everyone is back at school, college, uni and it will only be the odd people who don't work or have taken a day off work (like me) to go to THorpe ha ha ha !

I was quite surprised to find out now of the nights had sold out when I got my ticket yesterday to be honest.

Can't say the additions of Storm Surge or Tidal Wave entice me any more. Storm Surge is...Storm Surge, and I hardly ever ride Tidal Wave these days (last time I rode it was 2009!) due to it either being not hot enough, or the queue being too long. Probably wouldn't be interested in riding it in the evening to be honest - though that is just me.

Really looking forward to this though. :P

I've booked to attend this event on the 26th.. Looks pretty good to be honest!. They should have at least opened the park until 11pm, since thats the latest time it can operate the rides.. Hope they change it!.

I think 3 extra hours is more than enough for everyone if they limit things correctly..

I've booked to attend this event on the 26th.. Looks pretty good to be honest!. They should have at least opened the park until 11pm, since thats the latest time it can operate the rides.. Hope they change it!.

Park closes at 10:30. I'm not really in the mood to begrudge the park for not opening that extra half hour when a month ago they weren't even doing this event in the first place.

Park closes at 10:30. I'm not really in the mood to begrudge the park for not opening that extra half hour when a month ago they weren't even doing this event in the first place.

It's good THORPE are listening to the feedback they are getting! And this will be a fun event for sure! But the normal operational hours should be extended to 10pm during peak periods in summer and fright nights for people to get the most out of their money.

The dome is only allowed to be open until 11pm anyway so if they closed the rides at 11pm no one would get out on time. I think 3 hours exclusive riding is more than enough if they only let about 1000 people in and are on 2 train op(which they should be because the day time will have been busy and the coasters will have been on 2 trains).

The dome can be open till 3am (though only on 42 occasions of the year), which is why MoS works. Rides can stay open till 11pm.

In a way, I'm surprised they didn't do 8-11 (especially as that would give more time to clear the park after a 7pm closure), but I am not fussed in the slightest. I would expect 1 train op though, going on the MoS events, but we shall see. :)

if they use wristbands, they could give them out to people with tickets for the night if they are going in on the daytime as well... that way queue lines close to general public at 7, and then reopen at 7.30 with only people with wristbands allowed to queue, that half hour gives the queues time to die down, not saying there won't be people still in the queue though at 7.30, but eventually will just be summer night guests - as the dome will be open til 11, it's hard to clear general public guests, so wristbands is the only feasible way I can see it working?

You don't actually enter / exit the park via the dome during the club nights, you enter through the left hand gate passing a security checkpoint. They could quite easily close the dome and still have an exit past 11pm.

We asked and the club night had sold 1500 tickets, and that was REALLY dead. They could probably release I'd say around 3000-4000 tickets and have no queues to be honest.

The dome can be open till 3am (though only on 42 occasions of the year), which is why MoS works. Rides can stay open till 11pm.

In a way, I'm surprised they didn't do 8-11 (especially as that would give more time to clear the park after a 7pm closure), but I am not fussed in the slightest. I would expect 1 train op though, going on the MoS events, but we shall see. :)

At the end of the day(normal day) there are no queues at all and most of the rides are going round half empty(nemesis inferno, Colossus etc.) and they are all on two train op. But wouldn't it just be an effort to take off the trains especially as that takes a whole and it would mean people may have to wait a long time to get on because the transfer track takes a long time to move. My guess is e rides will remain on 2 trains.

Ok saws abit different with where the transfer track is and the twisty track ;)

The rest are usually pretty fast!

We were in the queue for nemmy inferno and they needed to add a train(not sure if taking off is quicker), the queue was stationary for about 30 mins while they added the train on! Was really slow and made our wait time 80 mins long!

We were in the queue for nemmy inferno and they needed to add a train(not sure if taking off is quicker), the queue was stationary for about 30 mins while they added the train on! Was really slow and made our wait time 80 mins long!

If it really was 30 minutes then the ride would have been having a separate problem. Standard time it takes to add an Inferno train (not counting the empty runs) is never beyond 5 minutes.

The dome is only allowed to be open until 11pm anyway so if they closed the rides at 11pm no one would get out on time. I think 3 hours exclusive riding is more than enough if they only let about 1000 people in and are on 2 train op(which they should be because the day time will have been busy and the coasters will have been on 2 trains).

Sorry to be so rude, but, are you out of your tree?

Inferno, Swarm, Stealth, and Colossus can all easily eat through 1,000 people in a single hour on two train. With the rest not far behind when on capacity. If they ran everything on two trains, they could easily get away with a hell of a lot more people than that and give everyone good value for money with short queues!

Equally, I agree with Benin; and Dan9 a Inferno train should only take a maximum of five minutes. Transfer goes across; train goes on; train comes in; goes round; loads. If it took longer, it will have been some kind of issue to delay it.

IF they do have full two trains running, which I hope they do, it will be a poor show to those people who go during the quieter times and experience very long queues with one train operation.

But if there is a demand for 2 trains and people want to buy tickets, I doubt Thorpe will not want to have all those additional paying guests on park.