Surprised after yesterday's announcement of the new coaster (replacing Son of Beast, which I'll forever hate the park for closing for good shortly before my visit back in 2009)...

Banshee is an Inverted B&M and will apparently be the longest in the world... And it looks like they've taken inspiration from the excellent OzIris at Asterix with the layout...

Here's a few videos to tide you over...

HYPE! Especially over the colour scheme :wub:

Love the colour scheme and am intrigued by the wing rider restraints being bought over to the inverter. Also intrigued by its finale, that slow inline twist looks cool.

The rest is generic American over-sized B&M but on the plus side it could be a very intense ride. :-D

Good to see another Inverter as well, we've had few and far between since Phæton opened in 2007.

thumb_banshee06_8x10_300dpi.jpg

Thanks to Theme Park Review

Maybe its because its got extremely fast turns and it they didn't want it to be a head banger. Plus if its being called Banshee that roller coaster is going to have to be the loudest roar I have ever come across tbh.

EDIT: I found this quite cool and it sounds fun :P :"Unlike with a normal coaster, the top speed isn’t achieved at the bottom of the first drop, but will come along in the second half of the ride."

My guess is that the Wingrider/Flying Coaster style restraints are going to become the norm on modern B&Ms.

As for the coaster itself, it looks boring, drawn out and forceless, obviously though you can't really tell from an animated POV. It certainly looks interesting though, and its always nice to see a new Inverter.

Maybe its because its got extremely fast turns and it they didn't want it to be a head banger. Plus if its being called Banshee that roller coaster is going to have to be the loudest roar I have ever come across tbh.

Head banger is rarely a criticism that you ever throw at a B&M inverter. Compared to every ride on the planet with OTSR's, Inverters rarely give that kind of experience. I reckon its re-selling an old product, after all between Phæton and Banshee there has only been Oz'Iris built and when you think the inverter ride type used to sell and sell, B&M have come up with ways to resell the ride type such as the restraints, a steeper lift hill and the new type of inverter drop first seen on Oz'Iris.

Certainly is nice to see a new Inverter coming to the world; especially after the Wingrider binge.

I quite like the look of the layout. The first drop looks decent, inversions 4 and 5 looks quite fun and the finale looks very interesting. Like others, I love that colour scheme too!

The wingrider/flying restraint is any interesting idea and hopefully a norm we will see in future B&M Inverters. I really do find them the comfiest restraints around.

What the hell is that last inversion?!! :o Have I totally missed a flat inline on an inverter before or is that a new thing?

Get a feeling it's a new thing! Looks quite like an RCT3 'inline twist', so should be very interesting to experience.

It looks like they kinda took inspiration from some wingriders, where an inline is the last inversion / major element, followed by a minor element to finish the ride off.

Love the look of this! The inline twist should be amazing.

I am not a fan of the restraints at all though... I am fairly skinny, and in normal B&M restraints tend to 'float' around in the space between the seat and the restraint (especially if you leave it a bit loose ;) ). The shame with these vest style restraints is that you are pinned to the back of the seat all the time, so you loose most of the 'floating' sensation when you get a bit of airtime :(

B&M's normal restraints are brilliant - why do they need replacing with these new ones? The vests seem "a bit too safe" in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...