Thorpe Park Trip Reports

I went to thorpe park on a school trip in the sumemr last year with friends we enjoyed the thrills and then we got to chill fo from the heat with yoyr water rides and we loved the selection of rides because you can get the thrillsand chills.I then retruned with two friends for my birthday and the staff and public where very pleasant and notcing my birthday boy badge many of the satff and public wished me a happy birthday, me and my friend (the other ones a bithc who kept moaning on in our ears the whole day ruining my birthday ;) ) anyway we both loved the seven maze sadly we only had time for one.Can't wait to retunr this year and try saw the ride with some more friends, love the park so I try to take new friends everytime and gte my dad to drive us since it's quite some way to travel, kinda.

I went to thorpe park on a school trip in the sumemr last year with friends we enjoyed the thrills and then we got to chill fo from the heat with yoyr water rides and we loved the selection of rides because you can get the thrillsand chills.I then retruned with two friends for my birthday and the staff and public where very pleasant and notcing my birthday boy badge many of the satff and public wished me a happy birthday, me and my friend (the other ones a bithc who kept moaning on in our ears the whole day ruining my birthday ;) ) anyway we both loved the seven maze sadly we only had time for one.Can't wait to retunr this year and try saw the ride with some more friends, love the park so I try to take new friends everytime and gte my dad to drive us since it's quite some way to travel, kinda.

Look mate, I know I'm not an Admin but before Rich kills you. Please check your spelling and grammar in future posts, just take a look through what you have typed up and make sure you haven't made any small errors ye. It is a tad frustrating when you have to actually make effort to try and understand somebody's posts.

I had good fun when I went on Sunday :PDetty was one of the highlights of the day, having worked at Thorpe for two years means you get to know most of the rides staff obviously...which means the ops play evil games with you on Detty! The only way you know you're going to drop becomes pointless. Shan't say anymore as I'm not sure it's something they are supposed to do :).Also, next time anyone goes on, shut your eyes at the bottom and open them when you are at the top, it's freaky!Lowlight of the day was probably the singing kids on Quantum :)And *someone* squashed me on X meaning I now have a bruise on my left arm!

Some other points I forgot to mention - how much noise are some of the rides making?! Colossus was AWFUL. The new wheels were nice and quiet on opening day, but on Sunday, just a week later, it is nasty. Louder than usual, and it's a really horrible sound as well, not the usual. Even going up the lift hill was a racket! The bridge, supports and vending machines were vibrating which made it seem worse!I always remember Detty making a few "knocking" noises after it started raising. But this season I have noticed that the moment it starts it makes one heck of a bang! Makes me jump every time I go on :) Don't let the attendant push the restraint down too much so you can flyyyyyyy hehe that was fun!Oh and how could I forget the wonderful sound effects!! Listen out for the horse noise in the Quantum queueline (talking about audio not the ride)...actually it's more like a donkey...but it was just funny after Marc said "It makes a horse noise as well!" and then we heard it :PX is doing strange things on the block brakes, which scared Marc a bit ;) and the audio on animation 3 has changed from "Switching to manual control...access denied...manual control operative...control lost blahblah" to just "Switching to manual control...switching to manual control". AND the Colossus station audio has changed AGAIN! Gone is the original station music and whispers, all it has now is the music they had in 07 (which was used on Rush last season), but no announcements. ;)X is now trashed inside as well. Scratches all over the nice new paint. So the building stank of paint for no reason :P

Some other points I forgot to mention - how much noise are some of the rides making?! Colossus was AWFUL. The new wheels were nice and quiet on opening day, but on Sunday, just a week later, it is nasty. Louder than usual, and it's a really horrible sound as well, not the usual. Even going up the lift hill was a racket! The bridge, supports and vending machines were vibrating which made it seem worse!I always remember Detty making a few "knocking" noises after it started raising. But this season I have noticed that the moment it starts it makes one heck of a bang! Makes me jump every time I go on :) Don't let the attendant push the restraint down too much so you can flyyyyyyy hehe that was fun!Oh and how could I forget the wonderful sound effects!! Listen out for the horse noise in the Quantum queueline (talking about audio not the ride)...actually it's more like a donkey...but it was just funny after Marc said "It makes a horse noise as well!" and then we heard it ;)X is doing strange things on the block brakes, which scared Marc a bit ;) and the audio on animation 3 has changed from "Switching to manual control...access denied...manual control operative...control lost blahblah" to just "Switching to manual control...switching to manual control". AND the Colossus station audio has changed AGAIN! Gone is the original station music and whispers, all it has now is the music they had in 07 (which was used on Rush last season), but no announcements. :PX is now trashed inside as well. Scratches all over the nice new paint. So the building stank of paint for no reason :P

Has Colossus still got the 2006 start announcement?I hope it has NOT gone back to the 2007 one as it sounds perthetic! LOL

Has Colossus still got the 2006 start announcement?I hope it has NOT gone back to the 2007 one as it sounds perthetic! LOL

I didn't hear any announcements at all on Sunday and that's the only time I've been on this season. But it had the 07 station music and not the original.No Marc, no pictures!!

• 3 weeks later...

Firstly, today I really do have to lol at the people who said Saw wouldn't be open for another 2 weeks, when really it should be opening tomorrow or so. It tested for about 5 hours straight today, but unfortunately was not able to open. I did buy a syringe pen, which I actually think are awsaume, and next time I'm sure to buy a hell of lot more.So in the morning I found Tommy and Jonny and we were treated to the announcement that there had been a power cut, and half the rides would be unavailable til the power came back. So a good start there. However the power did come back, and after 2 hours everything affected had successfully had re-opened. So yeah enjoyed all the rides today, apart from Quantum and the Teacups ( :)). Quantum for the first time ever actually made me feel quite ill, and that feeling kinda stayed with me for the rest of the day, which put a slight downer on things for me but the day was still very much enjoyed. The park wasn't so busy really, after 2 the maximum queue was about 45 minutes for Colossus, and everything else was only about 10 - 20. So we managed to get on most things, and overall it was a great day :D.So heres a few pictures anyway (I won't post a certain one of Tommy, since otherwise he might post the Rumba ORP ;)).PROJECT DYLAN!!!....Posted ImageAngles, winrar :P...Posted ImageSaw: The Ride on the bridge...Posted ImageSo we exit X:\NWO, and manage to see this through the trees...Posted ImagePosted ImageSaw was indeed testing (so much for March 28th).Poonchooos are win!..Posted ImageLoggers was dead..Posted ImageRumba is also win!Posted ImageAnd I think I'll leave you with this :P...Posted Image

Yeesh! Scary photos! :PWell I had a really fun weekend! Obv disappointed I didn't get on SAW but the comp tickets were great! The little things like going on Carousel and Tidal were part of what made it so fun.Though SAW and Colossus clearing their queuelines at the same time, followed by:CCR being closedCash point being brokenAmity hot dogs being closed.KFC having a sign up behind the counter stating hot drinks were unavailablewas just funny :)All the pics are on Facebook as usual, but here are a few...Posted ImageI know...LOL!Posted ImageThey all look happy.Posted ImagePosted ImageSomewhat cold and wet after Tidal!