Feedback of the Site

Cringle

I'd write the articles in such a way that the GP could gain the basics, but the majority of the articles is the meaty stuff that fans would be interested in. That way, the GP get what they want, have the oppotunity to become a fan and fans get what they want from a fan site. No snobbery or elitism involved.

And how do we not do this, ill go back again to the Peter Andre article, its not something we could add any more to to make it appeal to enthusiast's and make it any more "meaty" in any way what so ever. Of course, every bit of news is different for example posts about theming being repaired or what not will appeal to fan people more so than the GP.

And Marc, I think you don't offer that, as do others I've spoken to, but you think you do. I guess that's where a lot of this has boiled from..

Ok and how do we not? You seem to think the GP are interested in rides height, speed, records, the ride pages display this, we have plenty dedicated to what would mainly interest fans such as Plans of rides, construction archives of plenty of rides also.

I agree Ian with everything you said, but...

I understand fully what you are trying to say, so please credit me with some intelligence at the minimum. I would suggest that it is you who is incapable of seeing what I am trying to suggest.

I'm wasn't trying to be rude or anything, but I get frustrated in general how this forum seems to be the only place where I can never get across what I mean, yet on every other forum now, and in person, I seem to get what I say across just fine. :blink: As I said, I agree with Ian, and just think this should be dropped. I gave me feedback appropriately, and it was discussed.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guysBeen busy recently looking over the current TPM, tidying things up. making sure alls up to date and added few new bits here and there.Now we are just after your opinions on what you think lacks on the website, and what you would like to see which would improve it and future versions of the site.ThanksMarc

I'd say that theres absolutely nothing lacking from the community side of things.The sole purpose of the forums, is to host discussions and read other peoples posts & opinions. This service is delivered perfectly, and other such small touches such as connection with major social networking sites are here too. The recent update has made Mania Hub step up to the level that most social communites are already at.However, I will say that the original purpose of this site has been served, and imo the site wont need an update for a while. Because everyone is able to do what the creators of Mania Hub originally set out to do.

The MTDP section has a chance to be a bit meatier in my eyes. Still don't like the whole Facebook thing that's around, but that's my personal opinion. Don't fix something that ain't broken to be honest. (Me, positive? Sorry, I think I might be ill :lol:)But seriously, well done - the site is very good.

The MTDP section has a chance to be a bit meatier in my eyes. Still don't like the whole Facebook thing that's around, but that's my personal opinion. Don't fix something that ain't broken to be honest. (Me, positive? Sorry, I think I might be ill :))But seriously, well done - the site is very good.

The MTDP section is something that is being looked in to :lol:

Following on from feedback we've had a look at our history page and found some pretty neat past pictures for you to enjoy, hope to bring more soon too!http://www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/page/pastWe will soon be bringing some new updates to our previous archives too such as Stealth, Slammer and Rush so watch this space.Along with that we are looking at the MTDP page so we can expand that with more detail. =]

Following on from feedback we've had a look at our history page and found some pretty neat past pictures for you to enjoy, hope to bring more soon too!http://www.thorpepar...co.uk/page/past

Some really amazing photos there; thanks!Some make me feel old though; I still remember seeing the Colossus model for the first time! (Sidetracking, but am I right in saying you couldn't see the final inversion as a tree was covering it up, or is that something I've just imagined from it being nearly 10 years ago? :blush:)

• 1 month later...

Suggestion time...Forum Awards? Just for fun obviously but something that could be done as it's the end of the year?They've been done before and I've seen other forums I'm on have them so why not here?

Ooh, yea! :excl: Someone mentioned this at the meet! Definitely needs to be done again, is a good bit of fun :D