Feedback of the Site

Cringle

What REALLY annoyed me most though, was that bloody awful picture posted yesterday. What a lovely skyline, with Depth Charge blocking all of it. I'm sorry, that was an utterly crap photo - you may as well have posted a pic of X queueline for all I care.

This really, then the next photo was a really dodgy one that didn't really show anything...

I think it doesn't help that quite often, as most of us will already be following Thorpe themselves, we are essentially getting two of the same post within a minute... It's pointless really when the posts lack any form of interaction to the people following TPM and all I see is a direct copy from Thorpe...

Advertise yes, but try and make it less of a copy and paste job, giving TPM a more identity, rather than something that seems to be another arm of Thorpe's PR system...

tl;dr, Up the quality of the posts and pictures...

Shoddily run - you're run for enthusiasts, act like a bloody enthusiast page, not an advertisement for thorpe/12yr old writing because they're bored.

Maybe so, but as Josh has said there is a fine line. When we look at the hits and the traffic behaviour for tpm the MAJORITY are from members of the GP, looking up information on the park, rather than enthusiasts, which is why we try to cater for both. The reason you probably see more "advertising" of the park simply boils down to there are more offers, events which would interest the GP than goings on which the enthusiasts want to see.

We take all comments on-board though, and its somthing we will discuss to try even the balance abit more.

• 2 months later...

Why is it that when I go to edit a post I get an HTML script of the post rather than rich text? Basically the whole thing looks like a typewriter if HTML and all that is confusing. It means I can't use any of the tool bar icons because they don't appear and when I press "Save Changes" I get the green bar at the top of the screen for about half a second before it disappears and nothing on-screen changes. I still have the Edit Post view open and the typewriter font is still there, rather than the Ariel font the forum uses. Any edit I want to perform that required a change to font has to be typed out in HTML text and it gets really confusing beyond emboldening, itallicating and underlining. I have to refresh the page to see the edit and the post in it's normal view. Why is this? And is it something exclusive to my computer or something other members have issues with?

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's been mentioned before, but is there any way of fixing the missing return/enter/paragraph strokes out of older posts. Some update at some point has removed all of them making a lot of the archive of this site (plenty of which is still useful and relevant) pretty much unreadable solid blocks of text.

Maybe it's not possible, but thought it was worth a try.

Agreed ^^

Also I can't seem to be able to post videos and have them show up as videos, it just has the link. Tried using both media and URL tags but both do the same. Tried no tags and still the same. I don't know if it's because I'm posting from my phone, but it's the normal URL and not a mobile one. Or do we need to actually embed them in now?

• 4 months later...

I just wanted to say a massive thankyou to Paej! Since he hs been in charge of running trips, there has been a boost of excitement around the community! After taking on this roll, he has already organised 4 trips and has successfully run one already! Paej is a comical genius with his humorous threads filled with trip photos and reports that guarantee to put a smile on your face :)

So a big thanks to Paej! and to finish off, here is a picture of the master skater ;)

IMG_0888_zps7398ec7b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Whoever has added D!sney to the word filter so that it changes to Thorpe needs to change it back please.

I'm starting to find this place rather pathetic. It was one thing that I was laid into a few weeks ago because apparently I was talking about it too much, it's another for people to go as far as to put it into the word filter. You can all tell me to calm down and that it's just a joke as much as you want, but I personally feel like I'm being targeted (again). It's alright for other members here to bang on about the same thing again and again (without mentioning names) but why is it an issue when I do it? What have I done for a select group of people (you know who you are) to have this issue with me? Why should I be the joke?

I suspect the people that are in on this are loving the fact I've ranted about it and that they've got a reaction out of me. I could have just private messaged a mod but I think it should be out in the open how I'm being made to feel on this place by certain people!

The fact that I've ranted about the filter changing is the reaction, I mean. Also, two members here tweeted each other about getting Ian to change the word filter so presumably they knew it was going to happen, and infact this makes the situation worse, knowing that it was planned and that at least 2 others were involved.

What I mean is, it's one of those "Ignore them and they will stop it" kind of scenarios. The mature thing would have been not to rant here and give them the satisfaction, but as stated, I think it needs to be heard, because from my eyes, it's targeted behaviour. On its own, yes it is kind of amusing. But the fact that a few weeks ago people got p'd off with me talking about D!sney a lot, and then today the word filter changes, is too much of a coincidence.

EDIT: I feel better now after speaking to a lovely person/mod about this (they know who they are!) but I still stand by what I say. If people don't like me talking about something a lot or just plain don't like me then fine, because you know, that's life, and I can't please everyone. But I still feel it was a bit far to change the filter. Admins and mods are supposed to set an example and be there to help and support members, and while this was presumably meant as a bit of fun, I still personally don't find it acceptable behaviour, and other people who I've spoken to also agree, so it isn't just me.

The fact that I've ranted about the filter changing is the reaction, I mean. Also, two members here tweeted each other about getting Ian to change the word filter so presumably they knew it was going to happen, and infact this makes the situation worse, knowing that it was planned and that at least 2 others were involved.

What I mean is, it's one of those "Ignore them and they will stop it" kind of scenarios. The mature thing would have been not to rant here and give them the satisfaction, but as stated, I think it needs to be heard, because from my eyes, it's targeted behaviour. On its own, yes it is kind of amusing. But the fact that a few weeks ago people got p'd off with me talking about D!sney a lot, and then today the word filter changes, is too much of a coincidence.

EDIT: I feel better now after speaking to a lovely person/mod about this (they know who they are!) but I still stand by what I say. If people don't like me talking about something a lot or just plain don't like me then fine, because you know, that's life, and I can't please everyone. But I still feel it was a bit far to change the filter. Admins and mods are supposed to set an example and be there to help and support members, and while this was presumably meant as a bit of fun, I still personally don't find it acceptable behaviour, and other people who I've spoken to also agree, so it isn't just me.

I've now apparently visited Thorpe Park Hollywood Studios, Thorpe Park Animal Kingdom and the Thorpe Park World resort Florida and yet you're the one that feels targeted. Where's the thought for me ey Mer, where's the thought for me at this difficult time?

Take it as the joke that it is, nothing malicious in its intent, :-)

So I've a few more thoughts here..

Whoever has added D!sney to the word filter so that it changes to Thorpe needs to change it back please.

I'm starting to find this place rather pathetic. It was one thing that I was laid into a few weeks ago because apparently I was talking about it too much, it's another for people to go as far as to put it into the word filter. You can all tell me to calm down and that it's just a joke as much as you want, but I personally feel like I'm being targeted (again). It's alright for other members here to bang on about the same thing again and again (without mentioning names) but why is it an issue when I do it? What have I done for a select group of people (you know who you are) to have this issue with me? Why should I be the joke?

I suspect the people that are in on this are loving the fact I've ranted about it and that they've got a reaction out of me. I could have just private messaged a mod but I think it should be out in the open how I'm being made to feel on this place by certain people!

Find TPM pathetic? Setting examples? Thing is like you've said before, we aren't at school. When we have responded to requests you've had a go at us saying we aren't any fun and we treat you all like kids. It's like as long as you're aren't personally offended (or feel like you are being attacked) by something then its okay and fair game.

I'd also like to know what other members bang on about Mer, I'd be intrigued by this. It can't be about Thorpe because obviously, being a Thorpe Park forum thats the logical thing that would be spoken about and it can't be about other members on the forum either.

Funnily enough Mer, you haven't messaged me about anything thats going on. No-one has messaged me sparking outrage that Disney is now Thorpe Park. All this agreeing with you has amounted to nothing because no one is contacting us or reporting posts. If we live in a world of democracy, fairness, setting examples then why aren't people messaging the admins and mods about it. Or is it a case that you only talk to the ones you personally get on with because they are the ones more likely to agree with you.

So I've a few more thoughts here..

Find TPM pathetic? Setting examples? Thing is like you've said before, we aren't at school. When we have responded to requests you've had a go at us saying we aren't any fun and we treat you all like kids. It's like as long as you're aren't personally offended (or feel like you are being attacked) by something then its okay and fair game.

Not going to lie, I know at least one member who has felt personally attacked by Mer herself, although I am led to believe this member just let it go as everyone else of the forums made them feel welcome. This includes both mods and admins, so I'd say they are doing a fine job.

I'd also like to know what other members bang on about Mer, I'd be intrigued by this. It can't be about Thorpe because obviously, being a Thorpe Park forum thats the logical thing that would be spoken about and it can't be about other members on the forum either.

Apparently she was talking about me here. It seems it's not okay for people to talk about what is going on in their lives, or their boyfriends, even if he himself is a member of this forum.

One thing I don't understand Mer, is if you feel there is such a problem with TPM, and that it is indeed pathetic, why do you keep coming back? I am not by any means saying you are unwelcome here, and if you choose to read this post in that context then you are definitely misinterpreting it. I personally just fail to see why someone would keep returning to a place where they supposedly feel victimized and bullied. Furthermore, if you do have a problem with members (and indeed admins) on here, why don't you just PM them with your problem, rather than running off to Skype to bitch about them?

I'm not just sticking my nose in here for the hell of it - I am one of the members who was in on this joke, so therefore I am a 'bully'. I myself have actually felt picked on by a few members on here, but I just let is slide. At the end of the day, this is just an internet forum - there are more important things in life.

Oh, and I'd like to add that anyone who has felt picked on by me in the past I have apologised to, and we have sorted our differences. Unless of course people just haven't told me how they have felt, in which case I'll apologise now!

In answer to the question why do I keep coming back - because the majority of people here like me a lot and I feel the same about them, and all of my friends are here. Most of the time, I feel loved and welcomed, it is only occassionally that I feel "victimized." I am not going to let a few issues get in the way of the positive parts to being a member here.

As for Skype - nothing of the sort has happpened in a long time, I made that mistake before and learnt from it.

With regards to everything else, as I stated in my last post here, I had actually calmed down about the situation and assumed that would be it, but clearly some people here still wish to discuss it. I'm not going to drag it out here so I will continue it via PM :)

No offence, but can we not row, because I dont want it to end up with a massive divide and a fight in the next meet, I want this to be a happy place :(

You don't need to worry about that matey. As Smidget says people with history between them will just acknowledge each other but not engage with each other one to one but will still speak to them if need be if they are in the middle of a group discussion. And personally if anyone did bring their own personal issues to a meet and were bringing the vibes down for everyone - I'd personally tell those concerned to piss off and join the group again when they've sorted themselves out, as it ain't fair for those who ain't involved :)