Re-Rides

OldFarmerDean

Correct, and therefore the best way to ensure a guests full health and enjoyment is to ensure a blanket no-reride policy.

No!  Guests can decide for themselves whether they are in full enough health or not to reride!  Personally if staff don't let me reride when there is no queue at all then I see it as a massive downside to the day considering that I'm not affected.

I would have to agree. Oblivion or nemesis for example. I don't want to be told that I have to be forced through a shop then have to run down a hill to run back up a hill again killing 5-10 minutes before I can get back on a ride which has been sitting there empty. If summer nights had a blanket no re-ride rule it would go down as on of the worst theme park events in history.

Ah yes, but how would you know, or know that those around you are in a fit state to continue re-riding?

It's only a matter of time until you get someone being sick (downtime) or needing medical assistance (more downtime).

I love how it would be a disaster if you have to walk around. God knows how you enjoy a quiet day at Alton if that's the case..

Ah yes, but how would you know, or know that those around you are in a fit state to ride in the first place?

I prefer people to be given a bit of personal responsibility. Most people aren't stupid enough not to know where their limits are.

Anyway, re rides on Nemesis are easy to get, and thats the only ride that matters. I do it all the time, you just have to alternate between the front and back restraint checker.

Each park seems to have their own rules. Towers don't allow them at all. Thorpe you can get as many as you want, Adventure Island refused even with no queue, Chessington seem unsure like always.

although adventure island dont allow re rides they do allow you to leave your belonging in the station while you go round to queue back up again which is a nice thing!

Ah yes, but how would you know, or know that those around you are in a fit state to continue re-riding?

It's only a matter of time until you get someone being sick (downtime) or needing medical assistance (more downtime).

I love how it would be a disaster if you have to walk around. God knows how you enjoy a quiet day at Alton if that's the case..

People can decide for themselves, it's about responsibility.  You shouldn't need to know about those around you as they can decide for themselves whether they still feel up to it.

Yes but, as Fred mentioned, you may feel fine sat down, but you could stand up and be a bit like 'woah' and realise that the ride has infact affected you. Even if it's something like vertigo it can still be dreadfully debilitating for a short while.

Well then it's up to the rider to know when their limit is.

My point more was, that by being made to get off the ride and walk around again, the rider may then realise their limit. Not everyone knows their tolerance to the forces a thrill ride induces as it could vary on at different times or in different conditions/circumstances. Even those who know their limit can be caught by surprise due to a number of factors.

Well then it's up to the rider to know when their limit is.

That's the thing, people can't know the limit!  There's too many factors (time of day, temperature, how hydrated you are, how much you've had to eat, when you last ate...) to know exactly "Well, after x number of rides of this coaster, I've had enough", especially when they're sat down all the time.

Personally, I think a blanket no reride policy is a tad over the top (limit it to 2 or 3 say), but I can see why parks do it.  When I last went to Towers on a dead day in May (in the pouring rain too), I still got a brilliant ride count and the having to go round the queues again didn't affect any of our days in the slightest.

C'mon, these are fun rides with pops of forces that aren't even extreme compared to what the body can comfortably tolerate, we're not discussing repeated space shuttle launches. If people come even close to a medical episode after riding a coaster they must have a pretty serious underlying health problem and are pretty screwed anyway, might as well go with a smile strapped into a B&M.

Seriously, it's this kind of stupid stipulation in the name of health and safety that devalues worthwhile restrictions. 

The reason that it's a blanket one ride policy, rather than a 2 or three, is that not only is it easier to enforce (unless you do what Pluk does - you'll enrage the Nemesis staff if they found out you do this), but it also prevents those issues when people want to stay on but the ride has people waiting to load.

A simple "once is enough" is easy to get into the brains of people. Those who demand more, or think it's their right, or those who flout the rules are the reasons why they become more and more draconian.

The reason that it's a blanket one ride policy, rather than a 2 or three, is that not only is it easier to enforce (unless you do what Pluk does - you'll enrage the Nemesis staff if they found out you do this), but it also prevents those issues when people want to stay on but the ride has people waiting to load.

A simple "once is enough" is easy to get into the brains of people. Those who demand more, or think it's their right, or those who flout the rules are the reasons why they become more and more draconian.

There is no sense in making people walk all the way around an empty queue just because some people might be sick/whatever after re-riding.  H&S gone mad.

The human race can make up its own mind. It doesn't need people telling you what to do. It doesn't need people telling you what you can and cant eat and it doesn't need people saying you have just experienced a 200ft drop get off and run round to prove a mediocre ride hasn't lead to your legs loosing circulation. Its like saying you've been driving for 10 minutes, get out the car walk around to check your circulation is all right and continue. If cedar point let people re-ride mantis without an incident then the rest of the world should be the same. 

At the end of the day, its upto the management of the parks to decide what the rules are, if you don't like it, don't visit, no ones forcing you too.

To add, you abide to the parks rules when you go through the turnstiles. If they don't want you to stay on, you won't be allowed to. It's irrelevant if Mantis at Cedar Point lets you stay on or if you think you can handle 50 goes on Tidal Wave in a row.

I agree with Marc and Fred.

You should be accepting the park's rules. If the park tells the employees not to let people do it, they're just doing their job.

Besides if they let one group of people ride again, the people entering the station from the queue will want the same thing afterwards. If you do it for some guests, it's rude to other people in some cases.

And trust me, I work in a place with lot's of customers, and it's s**t when people shout at you for something you don't decide.

I know it's a bit of effort, but is it really that hard just to walk out and enter the (supposedly empty) queue again? If it's empty enough for you to "demand" a second ride, then you won't be waiting in the queue to ride again.