Garyy

Logger's Leap

2016 was a year of far too many lies going on. 

The sad factor is the park could’ve saved the ride from closure if they had been willing to spend proper maintenance and safety upgrades, the ride could still be running today. 

It was still remarkably popular and one of the best family attractions in Thorpe and maybe the U.K., amongst still being iconic to the park in many ways. 

Unfortunately it is likely to take just as long (if not longer) for a replacement attraction to open than the time it has been rotting away. Not only in the hindsight of lack of planning, but the fact the park might not receive a major investment for at least three years due Merlin cutting the park’s budget capex. 

4 hours ago, Benin said:

Most parks don't just let rides fall into disrepair though...

But Merlin don't care unless they can market it... I mean they nearly killed Colossos (not that I rate it)...

Loggers didn’t closed because it was in disrepair though - it was more because im guessing they didn’t get the budget to make all the modifications which falls has seen. I do fully believe at its time of closing the plan was genuinely to reopen it.

On 5/5/2019 at 7:17 AM, Mark9 said:

That is most definitely the worst lie to come out of 2016, that's for sure.

I'm not so sure, "Derren Brown's Ghost Train will open on the 6th May" was a corker as well.

7 hours ago, Ivsetti said:

I thought this ride was going to have an auction of some kind last month?

Oh yeah.... why do they say these things and assume nobody will notice when it doesnt actually happen

But I mean what was there to auction anyway, some old signs and that's it. Its just another episode of silly

I wanna know if they’re doing a pin badge for it, especially as they’re now doing retro pins anyway! 🤞🏻