Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

Is that raised platforms in the tunnel section? The structure of the building is very interesting. Some of the supports look as if they are meant to bear weight from something which will cause vibration due to movement. How deep is that pit anyway? Seeing it in these photos makes it seem as if they are almost the full height of a average man.

The pit is meant to be 3.5m deep; so actually a lot deeper than what it looks! Here's a quote from the plans:

The development proposals include one below ground structure in the form of a pit located under (and fully enclosed by) the south-west corner of the building. This pit will house one of the features of the new attraction. Access will only be for maintenance reasons on an occasional basis; the pit will not be accessed by guests as part of the attraction. The pit is to be L-shaped, with dimensions of 32m x 18.3m and will be 3.5m deep, measured below the FFL of 14.23m AOD. Within the excavation the permanent pit walls and base will be constructed from externally tanked reinforced concrete.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The secret is a dark one but I won't leave you blind. Here are some guiding lights but where will you find them?

9th-september.jpg

Look familiar to anyone? My guess is they are building a branch of Ikea.

Google tells us they are examples of 'industrial scone lighting'. Wiki tells us that 'sconces are often used in hallways or corridors to provide both lighting and a point of interest in a long passage'. 

If I don't come out with swedish meatballs I will be disappointed so far these clues don't really say much.

Eye and lights, to me I am leaning on the weeping angels from doctor who. Don't stop staring at them, if the lights go out you are dead and all of that jibe.

EDIT : Also they are lights from 3 different time periods. Dr who = time travel

Wouldn't surprise me if the interior were made to look like a underground facility. Though with the different style of lights, I have a feeling that at first from what the public will see, is a abandoned area where the light on the far right will be located. When they enter the facility, they can see that it is actually a functioning place which is where the other two cleaner lights will be. 

If I don't come out with swedish meatballs I will be disappointed so far these clues don't really say much.

Eye and lights, to me I am leaning on the weeping angels from doctor who. Don't stop staring at them, if the lights go out you are dead and all of that jibe.

EDIT : Also they are lights from 3 different time periods. Dr who = time travel

This is some very good thinking!

But how does the whole, "minds wanted/is your mind your own/your reality will be distorted" thing fit with Doctor Who? If anything this all makes me more confident that Dr. Who is not the IP

agreed. the whole "minds wanted" thing is way too dark to link in with a doctor who theme in my opinion. and the "minds wanted" marketing is much stronger and more prominent than these teasers...

so yeah I really don't think it's a doctor who IP, but I could be wrong.

You'd think people constantly forget how Merlin like to wind enthusiasts up with non-sensical crap like this...

This is gonna turn into Thirteen's construction, where focus on the ride's background ended up being guessed as a dog because there was one in the promotional art...

Then everyone will be upset we didn't get a Doctor Who themed ride... Even though the clues didn't actually point to one...