Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well with doctor whos viewing figures it may not be relevant for long. 

They're also cancelling the rest of Saturday night TV apart from X Factor. All we'll ever see on TV again on Saturday for the rest of time is X-Factor.

So there's our answer, WC16 is X Factor the ride.

In fact, 2.8 million more people watched Doctor Who on Saturday night then visited Thorpe Park in the whole of 2014. So Thorpe's closing as well. CANCEL ALL THE THINGS.

Probably because the ride system will need protecting from the elements, it's not a coaster remember!

Ok I understand now. Up until now I thought it would be a coaster as there hasn't been one in nearly 4 years! I wonder whats its going to be! All so exciting! I just pray the theme isn't Doctor Who! I cannot stand the show  :angry:  :wacko: \

my guesses are that it will be based on a strong horror/gothic theme, all of the marketing and colours etc have been dark and not to mention that the code name is 'whitechapel16'. I'm not too sure on what gothic IP's there are out there, I guess you could class doctor who as gothic but I really hope that it's not doctor who, plus like people have mentioned doctor who is a very love or hate show. I'm hoping that the theme will be in-house and consists of a good creative story.

As for the ride system, any thoughts on it being similar to the forbidden journey at IOA?

Dr Who is love or hate, I don't think the park would want an attraction where people avoid it just because they hate the brand. Then again I could be wrong.

They still have Storm Surge in their park, there is no lows that they won't fall to.

Not that I'm calling Doctor Who something I hate, I personally think it's a great show, a massive part of British culture and still commands a large enough audience to be the most viewed programme of the day on BBC One. They could do a lot worse then a family friendly show that is not only iconic but can have something for everyone.

They still have Storm Surge in their park, there is no lows that they won't fall to.

Not that I'm calling Doctor Who something I hate, I personally think it's a great show, a massive part of British culture and still commands a large enough audience to be the most viewed programme of the day on BBC One. They could do a lot worse then a family friendly show that is not only iconic but can have something for everyone.

It also has a fanbase overseas which probably helps lure people in from Europe and America, though I'm a celebrity only really appeals to a UK audience so maybe this isn't something they are concerned with so much.

I would be mega put out if it were Dr. Who. But the main reason I'm scared it could be Dr. Who is because it's a perfect IP for the park. Fit's the family market, has been a known brand for decades, is still currently popular, will be recognisable to foreign visitors etc. Nope, the only thing wrong with a Dr. Who based ride is that I have no interest in the brand at all. 
Now, if it were Inspector Spacetime I could get into that. 

The best thing to ever come out in the UK is the smiler and it had no ip. The loud crazy music combined with the fact it's overwhelming to look at, that's what hooked me to these discussions in the first place.The point I'm making is its ridiculous that these parks are wasting money on ips. They created something imaginary but spectacular so much it's up there with Orlando. My fear is that they are going down the virtual reality route which won't match the spiderman ride, terminator etc. Point being thorpe should actually make a ride so messed up you actually should sign a disclaimer to get on and I really think this new ride truthfully is gonna be one big let down Dr who or not. Btw just to add alton towers with no smiler you're rides are old, short and boring your only decent ride is 20 year's old that's why I'd happily drive 300 miles elsewhere. Rant over...

The best thing to ever come out in the UK is the smiler

Nope, sorry.

They created something imaginary but spectacular so much it's up there with Orlando. 

Nope, sorry.

Point being thorpe should actually make a ride so messed up you actually should sign a disclaimer to get on

Again, nope. They really shouldn't, we've had enough gimmicks. I agree this shouldn't need to have an IP, but I think as much as we hate it, most of us think it will unfortunately. Although I doubt it's Doctor Who.