New for 2015 - Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure

pluk

Which probably means that as a ride/coaster, it's pretty dull and typical...

Which is of course, not a bad thing, it makes a nice change for there not to be some stupid gimmick/idea surrounding it beyond having a coaster built for the target market of CBeebies Land that has been missing ever since Beastie was spited...

Glad that it is a zierer and I think that in terms of layout it is either:

a custom Zierer force 190: http://www.streicher.de/fileadmin/Zierer/Doc/Fahrgeschaefte/ZIERER_Datenblatt_Force_190_EN.pdf

or 

a Zierer force Two: http://www.streicher.de/fileadmin/Zierer/Doc/Fahrgeschaefte/ZIERER_Datenblatt_Force_two_EN.pdf

Although I'd prefer a Force three: http://www.streicher.de/fileadmin/Zierer/Doc/Fahrgeschaefte/ZIERER_Datenblatt_Force_three_EN.pdf

I think it would be one of the first 2, still its great Alton are getting this!!!!

Source:  http://www.zierer.com/en/mainmenu/products/coasters/force-coaster/

10615505_814658048604641_375751190185507

I'm definitely starting to think Air Grover when I see this.

54111736.jpg

The track isn't that much of a V, the supports have 8 holes for bolts and the track-support connectors are square (you can also see the track to track connectors with two bolts on the inside like the blue track).

I think it'll be of Air Grover's scale and for what it's going to be (well I'm hoping it's not SW8) it should be good as Air Grover is a nifty little coaster for kids! 

If it turns out to be a force 3 I'll cry, Shamu Express is horrendous. So rough. Not fun. Very meh.

Exciting times!  It does seem very strange that they aren't marketing it at all, all they seem to care about at the moment is the Enchanted Village!

To be fair enchanted village is what is going to bring them money in, a kids rollercoaster isn't going to have as big of an impact on money made from park entry... hotels, especially ones that expensive definitely need advertising lol.

To be fair enchanted village is what is going to bring them money in, a kids rollercoaster isn't going to have as big of an impact on money made from park entry... hotels, especially ones that expensive definitely need advertising lol.

Of course they need advertising, but should they really be advertised so much that the park fails to advertise a new coaster?

Don't get the fuss about the lack of advertising.

This is clearly a very low key coaster.  It's going to be aimed at young children.  At the moment, a family with young children isn't going to be any more persuaded to think about visiting the park because 'they're building a coaster for kids'.  At this stage, a family (and indeed most people) will be more likely to book a visit after hearing about the Enchanted Village and such.

I'm sure once the ride is built / nearly built, the park will advertise it and use it as an opportunity to push CBeebies Land further into the eyes of the young family market.  But at this stage, do they need to?  I don't really think so.

Bear in mind this coaster hasn't even officially been announced through the park...

They'll just tack any marketing onto the back end of the CBeebies Land ad... "Now including a BRAND NEW roller-coaster for kids!" etc...

Does it matter if that's all the advertising? Not really, this is not Smiler, or Nemesis, you don't see many other parks pushing new kids coasters UNLESS they're opening as part of an area...

Yeah, I think towers have done it right, by not making a fuss over this new ride. After all, I think the glorified log cabins that are Enchanted Village stand a better chance of pulling in guests (over a kiddie'ish) coaster).

I hope they theme this ride up well though, could be a little gem in the park maybe.

Yeah, I think towers have done it right, by not making a fuss over this new ride. After all, I think the glorified log cabins that are Enchanted Village stand a better chance of pulling in guests (over a kiddie'ish) coaster).

I hope they theme this ride up well though, could be a little gem in the park maybe.

^ That should of been what they done with Th13teen way to much hype.

Not 'way too much', but 'totally false' hype. Letting a 12 year old coaster fan come up with the marketing for a ride they haven't seen, is kinda what Towers did with that..

However, yes! This could be a great little addition, I look forward to see how they operate it.