'I'm a Celebrity' Maze

pluk

The likelihood is that they are changing/ improving the cyclone as when I had a run through the other day just because it was quiet and I was there, there seems to have been a pot of changes, now you have one guide for the whole thing, after the question thing, which now you only have one question, there are multiple routes which the host will choose one and there were a few more trials and the idea of the stars was properly carried through, but in the house they had improvised a bit telling you to run through the corridor fast or something like that but the cyclone had a load of plywood up in front of it and I could hear people hammering behind, so sounds like improvements to me.

After you come out of the chamber of horrors, before you go through calamity cave (is that what it's called), on the right there is another tunnel, it's very well hidden, and looks a little higher than the other small tunnel.. I wonder where that goes!?

Takes you round to the celebrity cyclone(if it's open) it's just a shorter route than going through the maze section.

I was told by someone from the I'm a Celeb team that some really tall guy went on it, kept running up the cyclone and head butted the fans so they closed it until further notice. The latest rumours are saying its reopening in 3 weeks.

Yeah I can vouch for this, I was there! The hosts seemed adamant that the slide and cyclone would be returning in three weeks from last Thursday when we were there.

And yeah there's apparently still a "kitchen set" somewhere in there from one of the old mazes, but it's been blocked off rather than removed. Least that's what these same two hosts told us!

So since everyone seems to be saying totally different things, I'm gonna go ahead and say thorpe as a whole have very little idea what's going on. I'd trust those working more closely with the maze rather than the social media team personally!

On a different note, the woman leading our group on this same Thursday SO RUDE! Ruined what little experience was left. The new finale "escape from the jungle" saw us all running out down the side of the building, just avoiding the cyclone and out the back of the building, even though we were lied to that there were 6 doors to potentially take to make it more exciting :') oh dear!

I don't even know what to say, I wasn't a fan of this attraction before but WOW :')

There was a kitchen scene in Asylum if I remember correctly with weapons on the wall, it hasn't been used in recent years though.

Miss that maze!

That's exactly what I thought! They said it was from studio but I was like- pretty sure it's Asylum and they looked super confused so either

A: they were telling the truth and just got the previous mazes mixed up or

B:they made it up and it's a coincidence Asylum had a kitchen haha

The cyclone was back open today! Was very different to my previous go on it overall, and the actor was lovely. None of the adults on my trip wanted to go on so I was the head of a group of three nine year olds and one squeamish eleven year old. They all really liked it. They were confused as to what it actually was.

'Can you help us find our way through the maze?'

'Do you get lost?'

They were all pretty convinced it was the kind of maze that is made out of hedges or corn that you get lost in.

Personally I very much enjoyed the experience.

One other thing. Are there actually live bugs in there? we were told that and I wasn't so sure.

The cyclone was back open today! Was very different to my previous go on it overall, and the actor was lovely. None of the adults on my trip wanted to go on so I was the head of a group of three nine year olds and one squeamish eleven year old. They all really liked it. They were confused as to what it actually was.

'Can you help us find our way through the maze?'

'Do you get lost?'

They were all pretty convinced it was the kind of maze that is made out of hedges or corn that you get lost in.

Personally I very much enjoyed the experience.

One other thing. Are there actually live bugs in there? we were told that and I wasn't so sure.

Glad to hear the cyclone is back!

and nope, they've never used real bugs, and highly doubt they would now..

Not really a scare tactic, just to try and make the experience feel more real.  In the small print they mention no real bugs are used in the attraction, but they will try and convince you that you'll come into contact with real things for the fun of it.

The park would never use real bugs for a variety of reasons; cost, potential animal rights concerns and guest comfort being 3 big reasons I can think of.

Does anyone else think that the I'm a Celebrity maze has been a bit of a flop?

Sure, some people enjoy it but I haven't seen many positive reviews (from the general public), and it doesn't exactly get a huge queue - well, apart from the fact that anything over fifty people takes an hour!  I do have to question whether there would be any queue at all if the throughput was good?  Also, it doesn't seem to have boosted gate figures, but that could be attributed to other things rather than IAC.