Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

Looks like it could be three for three for the B&M wing-rider. Been reading Theme Park Review, and all the reports for Wild Eagle echo a lot of the reports for Swarm and Raptor. Here's one I took note of"Regarding Wild Eagle, in my honest opinion, B&M, Dollywood and Herschend have knocked one out of the park with the whole package-the ride, the theming, the operations, the details-adding what I feel is a stellar addition to what was already a fantastic park. I thought the coaster itself was flawless, provided a ride with just enough intensity to be satisfying to thrillseekers yet still remain accessible to a wide demographic and extremely re-rideable, and the location just adds to what was an extremely well engineered concept."Considering how good X-Flight is looking, I'm starting to think we could see rather a lot of Wing-riders in the next few years.Posted ImageTPR again. =)Posted Image

A local Screamscape source went by the B&M track fabrication plant and came across a few pieces of new bright green track on site. Based on my understanding of the codes used on the labels, this is for another Wing Coaster design, so we know someone is getting one for 2013 at least.

Speaking of which ^_^

^ The first KMG XLR8 (Not to be confused with some Booster's also with the same name :) ) also opened last week, a very cool ride design I think, the main point in it is the experience of being accelerated and decelerated from high to low speeds multiple times. The ride footprint is also small, so it will probably be popular in the UK over the coming years.

For anyone who didn't know... The little known park Hopi Hari are due to be opening their new Intamin 10 inversion coaster in May. "Hopi Hari has announced that they will install a “new version” of an Intamin 10 inversion steel coaster for 2012. The park will have a name the ride contest in the near future, but it will be located in their Wild West section, feature two new open style trains. It will have a track length of 875 meters (2870 ft) and a first drop of 33 meters (108 ft) taken at a 45º angle."

So that's a little longer than Colossus... Here's some pictures of it before construction and a bit of concept art (lap bars?), it's pretty hard to find any pictures of it so I'm unsure as to how much of it is actually constructed now. Nice to see I-Beams being used on the lift to eliminate the need for masses of supports.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's going to be interesting to see how this coaster turns out, the layout is a bit of a mystery at the moment even though it has the same elements as Colossus. I'm intrigued to find out what the trains are like...

Length: 2870' 9"

Height: 108' 3"

Inversions: 10

Speed: 52.8 mph

Elements: - Vertical Loop, Cobra Roll, Double Corkscrew, Quad Heartline Roll, Heartline Roll. The ride will also feature a cable lift which will lift the cars 4X faster than existing 10-looping coasters.

Posted Image

After groundwork starting in early March, and the Ride gondola's being delivered a couple of weeks ago, Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom has finally started to have some of it's parts airlifted and fitted into place!

This double-sided Intamin drop tower is going to be the world's largest drop tower at 415ft, on the sides of the Superman tower; and will have a 1.22M << :) height restriction. The ride is scheduled to open on May 28th.

Posted Image

Posted Image