The Smiler Incident 02/06/2015

Ian-S

Good to see she is still in good spirits despite her trauma. It's a great shame though she ended up making that decision as it sounded like things were starting to look up before getting a lot worse where amputation was the only option.

Whether we'll see Smiler open again this year is another question but no doubt it'll have s large boycott group.

Doesn't quite sound like you know your stuff, any other more educated responses?

You're accusing someone of not knowing their stuff when you just asked how it crashed?  :rolleyes:

Like Benin said, two trains crashed. The block system worked at first and stopped the loaded train at the crest of the lift, however it suddenly pushed them over the top and that's what the mystery was about.

We all know I seem to end up in arguments all the time, however...

You say Benin's response was too vague however your original post was just as vague and open anyway! I can see where you're both coming from though I guess.

On another note, when do you think we might actually get an official reason from Merlin Entertainments? Some articles in the media previously linked it all to human error and Towers have denied it haven't they? Or did they just deny the Autumn opening?

Just watched the 'This Morning' interview with Victoria, and it's very interesting to hear she actually went to visit the trains in the H&S lab.

She mentioned about how both trains created a 'v shape' then they hit... again puts thing into prospective.

I've haven't heard about Smiler testing recently, I can only assume it's still having it's ongoing process.  

• Marc unpinned this topic