Fright Nights 2016

Graw

I wonder if the roaming actors will do a lot of interaction with people or just walk through, I remember the monks and the you're next ones but sometimes there were too few actors to make an impact! The monks kinda just walked past everyone staring lol which was cool too.

So excited to go next week :D not long to wait now...

Does anyone know if detonator still does the creepy music during fright night, despite now being angry birds themed?

7 hours ago, jessica2 said:

I wonder if the roaming actors will do a lot of interaction with people or just walk through, I remember the monks and the you're next ones but sometimes there were too few actors to make an impact! The monks kinda just walked past everyone staring lol which was cool too.

Does anyone know if detonator still does the creepy music during fright night, despite now being angry birds themed?

If you mean this one, which was it's most iconic FN track, this hasnt played since 2012

Can't remember last years but defo 2013 and 2014 were this...

23 hours ago, BaronC. said:

There's wood in the trees, so maybe Thorpe are hinting at a woodie? :)

No, its obviously about Fright Nights..... why do fanboys always think everything is a clue about something

8 hours ago, jessica2 said:

There are no monks, what you think are monks are actually actors in robes who are moving from one maze to another, hence why they do not stop to interact. They are wearing the robes so that guests do not interact with them while they move to the other maze.

Also, its Fright Nights, plural.

23 minutes ago, StevenVig said:

No, its obviously about Fright Nights..... why do fanboys always think everything is a clue about something

It was sarcasm, about the very point you're raising.

As for the monks, wasn't there some cloaked / hooded characters back in 2014 who walked around in a large group?  They were more just creepy than anything; didn't do any specific scaring.  Then after a park walk around they'd take their cloaks off (backstage) and just run around causing 'mayhem'.  And alternate between the two styles after every park walk around.

2 hours ago, BaronC. said:

As for the monks, wasn't there some cloaked / hooded characters back in 2014 who walked around in a large group?  They were more just creepy than anything; didn't do any specific scaring.  Then after a park walk around they'd take their cloaks off (backstage) and just run around causing 'mayhem'.  And alternate between the two styles after every park walk around.

You've repeated basically what I mentioned in my previous post, pointing out the fact that the cloaks were removed backstage, and were only worn when walking on park. 

They were not roaming actors, they were actors moving between mazes, or leaving a maze to then 'de-cloak' and then become a roaming actor. Never a roaming actor with cloaks. 

19 minutes ago, StevenVig said:

You've repeated basically what I mentioned in my previous post, pointing out the fact that the cloaks were removed backstage, and were only worn when walking on park. 

They were not roaming actors, they were actors moving between mazes, or leaving a maze to then 'de-cloak' and then become a roaming actor. Never a roaming actor with cloaks. 

You've completely misread my post.  

In 2014, one specific season, there was a large group of actors who roamed the park wearing cloaks and robes.  They would go round being generally creepy and intimidating.  After going round the park once, they would go backstage, decloak, and go round the park again, being much more active and scary.  Since they were seen in different clothes and had a different character about them they seemed like a different group of actors.  Below is a picture of said actors, from 'findascare'

image21.jpg

Maze actors are in all black, and have their hoods up to cover their faces.  They almost always walk alone on park too. 

Hi guys, let me just start off by saying this is my first time posting on here but bare with me as I've been doing some poking around for info on Platform 15. After going to Thorpe Park yesterday (September 30th) I've seen a few things regarding the new 2016 horror maze. The entrance is next to Samurai where the Canada Creek railway used to run past, there is an entrance to a long, black tunnel that is coated with a black tarp. After going on Colossus twice I can confirm it goes all the way back past Saw and Logger's Leap, takes a right turn into the trees around the back of Loggers and that's where the tunnel ends. After going on Saw 3 times in a row I am certain that the tunnel ends as it enters the trees near the place where the camera for Saw is positioned. The black tunnel is only 2 or 3 meters wide so I'm not too sure what to expect from there. After scouting outside Samurai (which was closed and testing all day yesterday) for around 30 mins we saw some staff wheeling a costume rail covered with a black tarp around. When looking underneath all that could be seen was some black and red cuffs at the ankle area of the trousers (relates back to the advert, conductor perhaps) there was also another member of staff carrying a sealed briefcase, can't give anything else other than that I'm afraid. The exit is next to the Canada Creek toilets and the railway track so my best guess is that it runs around loggers leap and through the trees. The exit (not surprisingly knowing Thorpe Park) is a shipping container. Some wood was being cut on a table saw in the creek railway station yesterday as well (presumably for Blair Witch) and from the exit of Nemesis you can see the hut at the end. Please see the images attached. That's all I could see. More coming soon! Thanks for reading my first post!

IMG_20160930_171856033.jpg

IMG_20160930_171846002_HDR.jpg

Screenshot_20161001-231923.png

Screenshot_20161001-232056.png

The entrance has been confirmed to be at the Canada Creek Railways station, to the left of the Blair Witch entrance.  So the route goes in reverse to what you were suggesting and finishes by Samurai. 

That brown shipping container has been there literally years; no idea what it is used for though!

1 hour ago, BaronC. said:

The entrance has been confirmed to be at the Canada Creek Railways station, to the left of the Blair Witch entrance.  So the route goes in reverse to what you were suggesting and finishes by Samurai. 

That brown shipping container has been there literally years; no idea what it is used for though!

Wow, that is going to cause a lot of commotion in the Canada Creek area isn't it? So presumably they were touching up the station by cutting wood? Forgot to mention there was also a metal catering car outside what has been called the entrance for Platform (behind BWP) painted in a blood theme. Not sure if for attraction or just the park in general... Thanks for correcting me though!

11 hours ago, CianBasq said:

Hi guys, let me just start off by saying this is my first time posting on here but bare with me as I've been doing some poking around for info on Platform 15. After going to Thorpe Park yesterday (September 30th) I've seen a few things regarding the new 2016 horror maze. The entrance is next to Samurai where the Canada Creek railway used to run past, there is an entrance to a long, black tunnel that is coated with a black tarp. After going on Colossus twice I can confirm it goes all the way back past Saw and Logger's Leap, takes a right turn into the trees around the back of Loggers and that's where the tunnel ends. After going on Saw 3 times in a row I am certain that the tunnel ends as it enters the trees near the place where the camera for Saw is positioned. The black tunnel is only 2 or 3 meters wide so I'm not too sure what to expect from there. After scouting outside Samurai (which was closed and testing all day yesterday) for around 30 mins we saw some staff wheeling a costume rail covered with a black tarp around. When looking underneath all that could be seen was some black and red cuffs at the ankle area of the trousers (relates back to the advert, conductor perhaps) there was also another member of staff carrying a sealed briefcase, can't give anything else other than that I'm afraid. The exit is next to the Canada Creek toilets and the railway track so my best guess is that it runs around loggers leap and through the trees. The exit (not surprisingly knowing Thorpe Park) is a shipping container. Some wood was being cut on a table saw in the creek railway station yesterday as well (presumably for Blair Witch) and from the exit of Nemesis you can see the hut at the end. Please see the images attached. That's all I could see. More coming soon! Thanks for reading my first post!

IMG_20160930_171856033.jpg

IMG_20160930_171846002_HDR.jpg

Screenshot_20161001-231923.png

Screenshot_20161001-232056.png

Yes, I was on park yesterday and from Samurai I could see this black tunnel you were talking about. And, it's huge!

It seemed to follow the railway for as Iong as I could see and was still there all the way past saw. So a considerable portion( if not all) of P15 will be indoors.

On 30 September 2016 at 7:48 PM, StevenVig said:

There are no monks, what you think are monks are actually actors in robes who are moving from one maze to another, hence why they do not stop to interact. They are wearing the robes so that guests do not interact with them while they move to the other maze

Also, its Fright Nights, plural.

Edit- someone found a monk photo to which I was referring.

And it was a typo lol I'm sure we all make them

Hey guys 

I'm going to Thorpe park fright nights with 3 mates and I have a few questions... 

1.As all 3 of them have a standard annual pass does this affect the cost and do you still have to book? 

2.can you buy fastrack online individually without tickets incase annual passes are not booked on the Internet?

3. Can you pick the fastrack times 

1 hour ago, 0wl said:

Hey guys 

I'm going to Thorpe park fright nights with 3 mates and I have a few questions... 

1.As all 3 of them have a standard annual pass does this affect the cost and do you still have to book? 

2.can you buy fastrack online individually without tickets incase annual passes are not booked on the Internet?

3. Can you pick the fastrack times 

Hey 0wl,

If you have standard annual passes you have to pay £5 on the website on the date you want to go and that will confirm

that u will have a guarenteeded entry but if you dont and go thorpe park you may not get in.

No, you can not buy fastrack online individually, but you can get the feared five and if you get it on the day go to the NEMESIS

INFERNO FAST TRACK SHOP as the Depth Charge fast track shop gets long ques and the Nemesis one is always empty.

I'm not sure, but I think they just give you a time dont quote me on that tho.

-----------------------------------------------------

If you have anymore questions just ask :D

• Marc unpinned this topic