Fright Nights 2016

Graw

28 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

I know this gets asked year in year out but could we see some props or scenery added around the park this year as the park is completely closed for three days before the event starts this year. Personally I can't see it but who knows.

It certainly should happen, the park lacked a Halloween atmosphere other than the mazes (and the odd area) last year which is a shame.  They used to decorate the ride stations, add lighting/smoke effects to the flat rides and a lot more theming parkwide; it generally felt like a much more rounded event than it has done for a good few years.

I'm not going to FN this year, but if I was, I would have very low expectations of P15. So far it just looks like a train with every other theme squeezed in. Ouija boards, tattooed people, trains and people who like like they're dressed up as pandas.

I know they say never judge a book by it's cover but it doesn't look very good at all IMO.

Zombie Boy (the tattooed person) seems to have been solely used for publicity.  He seems to have quite a following and apparently appeared in a Lady Gaga video.  Though I've never heard of him personally...  And I don't get why Thorpe feel the need to keep chucking celebrities in the park when they can do advertise by themselves easily enough...

That video / interview was awful too.  The woman interviewing clearly had no idea what she ws doing or why she was there. It also makes it quite obvious that Zombie Boy has nothing to do with Platform 15.

Also, I must say I'm confused by the lack of excitement over Platform 15.  Maybe Big Top's cold reception last year has caused a lack of faith for many?  But I remain confident that it'll be a solid attraction, and that the natural surroundings in particular will make it a very creepy experience!

3 minutes ago, cianjs said:

Am uploading the audio on YouTube tonight, there seems to be an issue on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that!

13 hours ago, StevenVig said:

Yeah that will be broken after the press event or switched off because a tree will set alight.

To be fair I can't remember Scorpion's fire not being on and its been there 2 years now.

First weekend gets experiment 10 roamers, not bad. I'm hoping the mazes are good as this will be my friends' first time in a horror maze. 

I must be in the minority in that I don't find clowns that scary tbh so I doubt I'm going to be scared in the big top but you never know! if its just largeish areas with clowns running around with chainsaws that sounds more amusing than scary. Zombies on the other hand creep me out, here's hoping they don't do that skeleton face paint on them though like in the video above, its something I could put together in a couple of minutes! Having said that, the black circle contact lenses were a nice touch.

It's unlikely they'll go all out with makeup due to the nature of this event, in the mazes it's dark so there':

no need to show detail! Also the makeup used can be uncomfortable on actors faces for long periods of time. :) they mentioned before in CITW BTS they wanted to play on character looks more (including a wolf suit) but alas it isn't possible due to health and safety :)

Yeah I understand its dark so you don't need to spend ages on it, but I do recall looking at actor's faces and many did not look particularly scary or remotely realistic lol. I also get its uncomfortable I've worn it myself for long periods of time, but I'm just fussy so its what I'd like to see! Not saying they did a bad job but its how I'd improve it personally as its something I noticed...

14 hours ago, BaronC. said:

Also, I must say I'm confused by the lack of excitement over Platform 15.  

I'm personally not because the last 2 Thorpe have done (Studio and Big Top) are my least favourite, big top being the worst they've done by far. Also the first half of it seems to be outside, and I'm really not a fan of outside scare attractions 

18 hours ago, cianjs said:

Yesterday night there were dress rehearsals for Cabin and Big Top put on for some of the staff! Have heard plenty positive things about the two, especially Big Top.

this makes me happy! hopefully any issues will be ironed out in time. Its so close now! Friday/press evening attendees please do post your opinions :) I'd love to know what you guys thought before I head in on Saturday, so if the queues are all bad I can decide what I should prioritise, and whether its worth doing platform 15 before dark, sounds like it isn't. Although I've been in Saw several times people keep saying it has improved over time so currently blair witch is at the bottom of the priorities list for me.

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:13 PM, Benin said:

The dude looks like the guy you see at the pub on his own cos he's so ALTERNATIVE...

Thorpe says he is 'the man behind their latest maze' platform 15 according to their facebook page's latest video. The actors are 'his' zombies. lol....just why is this necessary Thorpe!!! -_- 

The good news is that this maze is their 'longest to date', but I suppose we kinda already knew that.

1 hour ago, jessica2 said:

this makes me happy! hopefully any issues will be ironed out in time. Its so close now! Friday/press evening attendees please do post your opinions :) I'd love to know what you guys thought before I head in on Saturday, so if the queues are all bad I can decide what I should prioritise, and whether its worth doing platform 15 before dark, sounds like it isn't. Although I've been in Saw several times people keep saying it has improved over time so currently blair witch is at the bottom of the priorities list for me.

I wanted to know what to prioritise too for when I go on Sunday, so I asked my mates older sister who works at the park and did all the mazes apart from platform 15 on the staff night/evening. She said Big top was amazing and was easily her favourite, she also said saw was particularly intense, she said she wasn't impressed at all with cabin and there was no actors in the final room, she said Blair which was surprisingly scary and the actors were very hands on, she also said that her friend who also worked there did 2 runs on platform 1 just before sunset and 1 at night and she definitely reccomended you try both as somehow they were different? I don't know how though. Basically overall this is how I am prioritising based on what she told me:

1-big top

2-platform (night)

3-saw

4-Blair witch

5-cabin

6-platform (day)

22 minutes ago, cianjs said:

01fbeedf65421c76bfaf960f26ba3606.jpg
Ladies and Gentleman, I present you..
theming around the park.

Source? :)

*puts mod hat on*:  Also a friendly reminder to all members that if photos are not your's, a source / credit should be given, and permission to post on the forums should be gotten prior to posting. 

1 hour ago, Jack said:

I wanted to know what to prioritise too for when I go on Sunday, so I asked my mates older sister who works at the park and did all the mazes apart from platform 15 on the staff night/evening. She said Big top was amazing and was easily her favourite, she also said saw was particularly intense, she said she wasn't impressed at all with cabin and there was no actors in the final room, she said Blair which was surprisingly scary and the actors were very hands on, she also said that her friend who also worked there did 2 runs on platform 1 just before sunset and 1 at night and she definitely reccomended you try both as somehow they were different? I don't know how though. Basically overall this is how I am prioritising based on what she told me:

1-big top

2-platform (night)

3-saw

4-Blair witch

5-cabin

6-platform (day)

good to know! if I get big top and platform (night) done at a minimum, I will be happy. I got some great scares in cabin last time, but the two newer ones (to me) are a priority. Unfortunately my friend says he won't go in saw as he found it too loud and uncomfortable, lets hope he prefers the other mazes.....haha. Otherwise if anyone's going Saturday and would like a maze buddy let me know :lol:

theming looks cool if that's legit!

• Marc unpinned this topic