Fright Nights 2016

Graw

Just now, ThemeParkCrafter said:

I certainly was not expecting that amount of gore, specially on Facebook, let alone the event

Facebook is a site for 13+, the event is designed for people who are around the age of 13..

I don't see what the problem is?

Also the event is meant to be scary/gory/disturbing.

There are way worse stuff on Facebook, all scare events do some sort

of promo for there attraction whether its a video/image.

On Monday, September 12, 2016 at 8:09 PM, MilesK said:

Thorpe just posted this rather graphic and disturbing video on their Facebook...

Are we gonna have the butcher roaming the park this year? I hope not after seeing this!

I didn't find it too gory tbh, and I am extremely squeamish. It just looked like a pile of meat from the Asda down the road.

ScareTOUR have posted some more info on this year's Fright Nights;

We now have the full write up for Fright Nights at THORPE PARK Official confirming a number of new points about the event including Campfire Stories, an upgrade for Blair Witch to tie in with the current movie, an updated Big Top, Face It Alone experiences and even more back story about Platform 15 -

"Platform 15 is set in the Park’s woodlands; it is the largest scare maze to date covering 450 metres. Guests will depart on a one way ticket along an overgrown railway line which is the last known route of the Sleeper Express, a locomotive that disappeared into thin air with all passengers still on board.

Take your turn to walk the Island’s backroads which have never before been accessible to the public. Guests will face a deserted railroad, explosions, séances, Ouija boards and pitch black forestry. They may also find themselves hunted and chased in the depths of the forest, so they must tread carefully and not disturb the grounds – zombie ‘Sleepers’ hidden amongst the trees may awaken.

The scare doesn’t stop there, in partnership with Lionsgate the Blair Witch scare maze has received an overhaul to tie in with the new film’s twisted tale.

As part of the Park’s birthday celebrations, roaming scare actors will be unleashed on the Park after 6pm, so the scares will continue outside the mazes. Guests can choose which characters arrive at the Park by voting on the Thorpe Park Official Facebook page. They can choose from a selection of frightful fiends who have graced Fright Nights mazes over the past 15 years, and bring them back to the Park for one last scare.

MAZES

Cabin in the Woods: The Maze
Winner Best Halloween Scare Attraction SCARS 2014
Experience a frightening live recreation of this ground-breaking satirical horror film. Visitors will tour the seemingly innocent rustic cabin, within which lies a secret facility that unleashes nightmarishly hideous ‘beings’. A fully immersive, brilliantly themed maze where visitors can influence the outcome and come face to face with the nightmare and devastation that is, The Cabin In The Woods.

BLAIR WITCH
Following Lionsgate's recent release of Blair Witch, the highly anticipated sequel to horror classic The Blair Witch Project, FRIGHT NIGHTS reintroduces BLAIR WITCH Experience the game-changing horror movies for yourself as you venture deep into the Black Hills Forest to discover the truth behind the legend of the Blair Witch. Remember: Never spend the night. Never look in her eyes. Never turn away from the corner. There’s something evil hiding in the woods - dare you enter after night fall?

SAW Alive: The Maze
Guess who’s coming to play? From the twisted minds that created the world’s most terrifying rollercoaster SAW - The Ride, comes the world’s most extreme live action maze – now with even more evil for 2015! Visitors will come face to face with the sadistic Billy puppet and face his nightmarish games…winding their way through this brilliantly themed multi-roomed maze.

THE BIG TOP 
Grab your ticket to the greatest scare on Earth as the carnival comes to town once again this October. Reimagined for 2016, twist your way through THE BIG TOP, a carnival comes back to life to terrorise those who dare to trespass. Will you succumb to the torturous antics of the wicked Figaro Bros. as they return for another year of crazed debauchery?

CONTAINMENT 
Face your fears and make the ultimate timed escape inside THORPE PARK Resort’s newest scare experience CONTAINMENT. In groups of ten, you’ll be locked inside of four haunt rooms, inspired by many of the UK’s worst nightmares, and tasked with breaking the codes to make your way through to the end… all in hopes of finding the antidote to a spreading infection. Will you and your team surrender to the outbreak or have what it takes to breakout of CONTAINMENT? 
A combination of special effects and live actors will help guide, or disturb, you in this unique scare experience. This is a paid for experience, it costs £10 per person.

Campfire Stories
Join us at Campfire Stories and hear some of the untold stories of FRIGHT NIGHTS. We delve deep into the past 15 years and uncover some of the darkest secrets that haunt over the Island. Did you know THORPE PARK Resort was built on Chertsey Abbey’s ancient burial ground, disturbing the monks buried beneath? Legend has it that the monks were possessed, given that their monastery was built way back in 666AD. Some say their spirits still haunt THORPE PARK Resort - and that FRIGHT NIGHTS was a guise to cover when they’re most active. We’ll tell you the stories of what happens when the island changes after dark and is being possessed by the paranormal…"

https://www.facebook.com/ScareTOUR/?fref=ts

I like the sound of explosions in Platform 15!

Does anyone know anything more about "campfire stories?"  I'm not sure if it's included in the event or an extra for people staying in the Shark Hotel?

It sounds promising, I just hope that the changes in The Big Top and Blair Witch are substantial rather than just small changes here and there.  TBT does have potential, and the new soundtrack sounds good, so I really hope there will be major improvements this year.

17 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

Does anyone know anything more about "campfire stories?"  I'm not sure if it's included in the event or an extra for people staying in the Shark Hotel?

It sounds promising, I just hope that the changes in The Big Top and Blair Witch are substantial rather than just small changes here and there.  TBT does have potential, and the new soundtrack sounds good, so I really hope there will be major improvements this year.

the campfire stories were just for hotel guests last year so assume its going to stay the same

Someone at Thorpe park who is in charge of the website wanted to leave early today. The newly updated fright nights page is littered with spelling mistakes.

see below the "railraod" and the "haunted soulds" lol. The videos are from last year and to top it off the links to the fast track tickets do not work lol. Someone need dissaplinary action immediately. Lol jokes obv. image.pngoulds" lolimage.png 

Overall I hope they don't change Blair Witch too much as IMO it was the best thing at Fright Nights last year!

The Big Top definitely needs massive changes next year, as last year it simply didn't work..

Just now, mrmatt said:

Someone at Thorpe park who is in charge of the website wanted to leave early today. The newly updated fright nights page is littered with spelling mistakes.

see below the "railraod" and the "haunted soulds" lol. The videos are from last year and to top it off the links to the fast track tickets do not work lol. Someone need dissaplinary action immediately. Lol jokes obv. image.pngoulds" lolimage.png 

Well half of Fright Nights target audience will understand, but then again most chavs don't understand there own

sentences..

2 hours ago, mrmatt said:

see below the "railraod" and the "haunted soulds" lol. The videos are from last year and to top it off the links to the fast track tickets do not work lol.

Aha that's hilarious, but it really shouldn't be happening from a park as well established as Thorpe - or any park for that matter.

Hope they put more effort into the actual event :lol:

Pleased to see that Campfire Stories will make use of the Chertsey Abbey / monk history.  It might not be Headless Monk Hunt, but I'll take it ;)

Also nice to see Containment receive a reduction in scare factor; 5/5 was a bit much if we're being honest!

I was interested to see how Platform 15 would pan out with opening time.  Was a bit worried it would open at the same time as Blair Witch what with presumably being all outside.  Nice idea opening it a 3pm and saying it'll be less scary, means we don't lose an attraction for 3-4 hours each day!

• Marc unpinned this topic