Fright Nights 2017

L7123456

On 16/10/2017 at 12:53 PM, david I said:

This forum is making me really concerned for my visit on the 30th OCT. How is the park on a weekday in october ( day before halloween) I'm not fussed about going in the mazes but seeing as this will be my first visit to Thorpe park in 3 years I would love to be able to get on all the rides I want

You should be fine :) I can't see it being a problem getting all the rides you want to done!

13 hours ago, JoshuaA said:

I still found the operations needlessly poor though, and no wonder the constant e stops, the queue was barely being batched.. People just ran past the poor puzzled looking staff who seemed to just give up after a while..

Guest action was apparently (according to staff) what caused the e-stops, though

I have been on travellers night at Tulleys/Scarefest/ect and never had the problems that I had at Fright Nights on Sunday..

Security seemed to be pretty sparse around the park too..

Poor, fine. But the E-stops clearly we not operational reasons, but more guest related... something no one can stop. Big Top has this year gone 2 days without one e-stop. So, operational wise, its the best its been in the 3 years.

Sure you can't control crowds or guests.. But you can have decent amount of security to perhaps deter what happened the other night..

When you run any big event, you will get big crowds which can have problematic people, but if you have enough security and if the staff are well trained then it won't turn into a complete mess..

I just haven't seen that anywhere else.. I've visited Tulleys since like 2012, and I have not seen a single e-stop.. 

I'm not saying the e-stops are entirely Thorpe's fault, though for sure it could of been handled WAY better, and my hour queue was in the disabled queue.. God knows what it'd be like in the MAIN queue..

1 minute ago, JoshuaA said:

Sure you can't control crowds or guests.. But you can have decent amount of security to perhaps deter what happened the other night..

When you run any big event, you will get big crowds which can have problematic people, but if you have enough security and if the staff are well trained then it won't turn into a complete mess..

I just haven't seen that anywhere else.. I've visited Tulleys since like 2012, and I have not seen a single e-stop.. 

I'm not saying the e-stops are entirely Thorpe's fault, though for sure it could of been handled WAY better, and my hour queue was in the disabled queue.. God knows what it'd be like in the MAIN queue..

They have extra security for Fright Nights, unfortunately theres not a great deak they can do about troublemakers until they actually cause trouble - and only then can they deal with those causing the disruption.

Also comparing to Tulleys, whilst i see your point, Thorpes mazes have significantly more people going through them, thus more change of them potentially causing issues. 

On park, so far: 

•waited nearly an hour for security checks which weren't even working fully

• Colossus and stealth are closed as well as multiple other rides (I know they can't help the weather)

•queued for zodiac- it closed :/

• queue times board says that ALL rides are closing at 4pm???? This is t normal is it or have I missed something?

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

On park, so far: 

•waited nearly an hour for security checks which weren't even working fully

• Colossus and stealth are closed as well as multiple other rides (I know they can't help the weather)

•queued for zodiac- it closed :/

• queue times board says that ALL rides are closing at 4pm???? This is t normal is it or have I missed something?

An hour for security checks seems a bit exaggerated 

1 hour ago, Themeparkadict said:

An hour for security checks seems a bit exaggerated 

Nearly an hour.

25 minutes in a queue that was constantly being pushed into for the metal detector. There were two queues because there were two detectors, but then they merged because it turned out only one was working. 

Then at least another twenty to get our bags checked, which then led to another detecting thing and then a sniffer dog. Brownie points to the staff for still being so friendly today. They really do have a hard job. 

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Nearly an hour.

25 minutes in a queue that was constantly being pushed into for the metal detector. There were two queues because there were two detectors, but then they merged because it turned out only one was working. 

Then at least another twenty to get our bags checked, which then led to another detecting thing and then a sniffer dog. Brownie points to the staff for still being so friendly today. They really do have a hard job. 

Ok  I went in August and the queue reached 30 mins roughly so they just let everyone around the tent why diddnt they do it today 

15 hours ago, Themeparkadict said:

Ok  I went in August and the queue reached 30 mins roughly so they just let everyone around the tent why diddnt they do it today 

Uh because it's fright night and there is a high risk of immaturity and unruliness during this event, so a higher potential amount of drugs or weapons being taken onto park.

I get why they have these checks, but I'd rather they find a system that actually works. It's laughable to see their entrance plaza look so dated and old and have to be divided using those little metal barriers. 

My dad, who was going to drop me off and then come into the park with my younger brother, took one look at the queue and headed to chessington for the day instead. 

On 10/19/2017 at 4:17 PM, JoshuaA said:

The difference between Tulleys and FN is the multimillion pound company. Operations and Health and Safety are completely different between the two events, a lot of things that Tulley's do, Thorpe just couldn't do or get away with. E-stops are annoying, but some of the e-stops are for very valid reasons.

10 hours ago, Whatever said:

Uh because it's fright night and there is a high risk of immaturity and unruliness during this event, so a higher potential amount of drugs or weapons being taken onto park.

I get why they have these checks, but I'd rather they find a system that actually works. It's laughable to see their entrance plaza look so dated and old and have to be divided using those little metal barriers. 

My dad, who was going to drop me off and then come into the park with my younger brother, took one look at the queue and headed to chessington for the day instead. 

So what security checks did they have then ? Cuz when I went in August we walked through the metal detector and no one was there to check it 

37 minutes ago, Themeparkadict said:

So what security checks did they have then ? Cuz when I went in August we walked through the metal detector and no one was there to check it 

You literally quoted and replied to one of my posts yesterday where I described IN DETAIL what checks I went through. In August it was probably different for you because ding ding! Fright Nights isn't on in August! 

Is this account a troll or for real? Tell me I'm not being wound up here. 

IMG_9951.GIF

15 minutes ago, Whatever said:

You literally quoted and replied to one of my posts yesterday where I described IN DETAIL what checks I went through. In August it was probably different for you because ding ding! Fright Nights isn't on in August! 

Is this account a troll or for real? Tell me I'm not being wound up here. 

IMG_9951.GIF

U diddnt even say what u had to go through and Ik it’s not on in August I’ve been going for 5 years ?

On 10/20/2017 at 3:14 PM, Whatever said:

Nearly an hour.

Then at least another twenty to get our bags checked, which then led to another detecting thing and then a sniffer dog.

@themeparkadict

Here's the post, do you want me to put it more clearly?

I've even taken the trouble to highlight the key words in bold for you, just in case you couldn't pick them out. :)

So finally got to Fright nights yesterday.

I'll start with me review:-

I thought Sanctum Was very good in the evening and felt like step towards a more tulleys feeling maze. I then done living nightmare which I felt was very well themed but lacked a good ending. saw alive was as always very non eventful. I feel that platform 15 whilst much improved on last year could still do with being darker and the tunnel is still to long. Big top this year was very satisfactory with plenty of scares and was nice to see a maze that can reinvent itself every year. I look forward to seeing what changes they make for next year.

This brings me on to something I spotted whilst in side the mirror maze, on my 3rd run through the actors must have been on break as bar 1 in the chain link and 1 the run out I didn't see any other however this gave me plenty of time to really look at the maze which is when I saw the image below. the mirror maze has about 2 or 3 of them in it with one which unfortunately I didn't get a photo of was next to the word look. They remind me of the symbol that was first spotted at platform 15 in 2016 and at the begin of the year at Blair witch and recently by jack silkstone. I do now regret not getting more photo as maybe its a code like sw8 have done.

so I was wondering if anyone is going to the back over the next few days if they could take more photos and post them here so I could try and break the code.

IMG_20171028_110826.jpg

• JoshC. unpinned this topic