X

Garyy

I think it is safe to say X no longer has a theme. It is a rollercoaster, in the dark, going backwards. They don't pretend to give that scenario any context or justification, it just is what it is.I like its current incarnation tbh, it just being there being a bit of fun is better than a half arsed theme which doesn't work being shoehorned in. It was all too illuminated when I last rode in May/June, if they have darkened it down a bit (or lot) then great. Bit of smoke on the brke runs, bit of laser lighting and get the music more evenly pumped out and I think it can sit there happily for a few more years.

I love the new X, its a ride I have always liked but always felt it needed to have disco lighting and loud music! And they are now on the right track, but I think X should be converted into a nightclub style ride with the music much much louder! At the moment they only have one area of disco lights and they really need a few more, so good on thorpe park for now making x better than it was, but they still have a long way to go, especially in the queue! I must say, a few need to stop moaning about the lack of story or theme! Look around you next visit! The only rides with a level of actual theme is stealth, saw, Colossus, tidal wave and Nemesis, alot of the flat rides are complete randoms! So just take a breather guys, I am sure thorpe park will increase X's potential! If they don't I will get a job there and do it myself! :rolleyes:

I must say, a few need to stop moaning about the lack of story or theme! Look around you next visit! The only rides with a level of actual theme is stealth, saw, Colossus, tidal wave and Nemesis, alot of the flat rides are complete randoms! So just take a breather guys, I am sure thorpe park will increase X's potential! If they don't I will get a job there and do it myself! :blink:

I see what you mean but I think the point a lot of people are making is that atleast those other rides (theming or lack of it) have some connection to their names... X No Way Out, rave does not come to mind. But this is not an excuse for Thorpe to do some club tie in and call it Oceana and present to us the "World's first rollercoaster nightclub" ... but thinking about it, that would be epic!

Considering each train only holds ten passengers, I'd imagine the real throughput is closer to 360pph, due to there being three trains of ten people that take roughly five minutes for each cycle including on-load, the full cycle with stops and trim runs, and the offload. If you do the maths, I don't think even Thorpe would try to exaggerate the real number.

Considering each train only holds ten passengers, I'd imagine the real throughput is closer to 360pph, due to there being three trains of ten people that take roughly five minutes for each cycle including on-load, the full cycle with stops and trim runs, and the offload. If you do the maths, I don't think even Thorpe would try to exaggerate the real number.

Well according to their 2010 and 2011 Press Packs they state that that X has a "Throughput: 1000 people per hour". Although I can safely say it's not the first time that things have been incorrect in the Press and Student Packs...

Okay, so 5 trains, each holding 10 people. Taking 1000pph, that means 200pph per train. 200pphpt means that each train does 20 circuits an hour, which means 3 minutes for the train to be loaded, complete the circuit, offloaded then back to the unloaded station. The circuit takes just over 2 minutes to complete, which means that everyone is going to have to get on and off blooming quickly and staff are going to have to be working ther socks off to reach that. So that it certainly theoretical.I'd say somewhere between 400-600 is much more likely on a day-to-day basis...

I don't know how often 5 trains are used, but I believe the transfer track is just before the offload station, but just after the very last set of brakes.I think if you look to your right juust before the offload station you can see it. ;)

Left! (You're facing backwards :o ) But otherwise spot on.

I always find when I queue for :\X the queue never takes that long to actually get on the ride, I find it really quick and I don't even find the ride it self that bad, it's just not good. Anyway, I noticed today that they've added techno music in the queue (in certain parts) and on the last forward and backwards brake section is there are like flashing multicoloured lights above you that gone on and off every so often, and to the right of you are like mannequins but like, I don't know how to explain. It's not nearly as dark as it was before in there and now you can see where you're going (trackwise). I think I preferred it before.