Vampire

Not sure about it being a power trip as they told other people to go to the front rows of the train - just seemed a bit odd to me.  Not targeting staff that work on the Vampire but last year on a really dead day a woman got told off for getting off the ride and going behind the air gates (there was no one waiting) - I wanted a re-ride and asked if that was ok and the ride attendant had to check if it was ok (which it was) - on a seperate occasion I asked if I could re-ride and was told to go through the queue line again!

On the plus side though - you can actually hear the Vampire music rather well this year - as opposed to previous years where the ride operator has seemed to enjoy the sound of his/her own voice too much - I love the music on Vampire so it was nice to actually be able to hear it

Didn't one of the staff tell a member here the third train had been robbed for parts?

Nope, that was only in 2013. Train 1 (the one that was cannibalised) was actually the train they were using over April with the timed tickets. So all trains are being built this year with the slightest possibility of three train operation.

...Aren't we lucky to get to experience the ride now that it runs through a fully grown 'forest'. I mean it looked pretty crappy when it was first built compared to the densely covered forest we get now. 

Personally I think the vampire's ride area has become way too overgrown, it's like a jungle now. All the views to be had from the ride are now blocked by the dense layer of trees. 

The ride was perfect back when I first rode it in 1995.

The rollercoaster was very bare when it first opened, then it hit a sweet spot and then some of it got so overgrown it's a bit ugly. They fixed this though a year or so back when the whole of Transylvania had a trim.

The parts where you swing close to trees are fantastic, I'm surprised they can get away with such close clearance in some places and I hope they never cut these down!

The queue line drastically needs relandscaping though.

The queue line drastically needs relandscaping though.

Rip up the tarmac and replace it with that rubber bark LEGOLAND has (at least it's sturdy!), possibly add some themed interactive elements to keep younger guests entertained...oh, and replace those ugly bloody fences! (Possibly something unclimbable, just so kids can stop treating the surrounding themeing as a plaything.)

Everyone could download an app on their phone and virtually wait for the ride. Turn up at their time slot and then you don't need the queue line any more. No more moaning about it looking bad. 

Did you seriously just suggest that, after everything you said about reserve and ride!?

Some decoration has been added to counteract the demolition of the only remaining themed part of the outdoor queue. Pretty sure Vampire's queue has been planned for a redesign for some time.

Like Dragon Falls rockwork I'm sure...

It's been an idea for a long time, mainly about focusing back on the old entrance archway... Why they got rid of that in the first place I don't bloody know...

Some parks seem to forget that the ride experience begins in the queueline...

/\ It shows just how badly Chessington has been run. The original entrance and everything else made Vampire great. Whoever decided the purple posts away from that arch needs to be fired!

...oh, and replace those ugly bloody fences! (Possibly something unclimbable, just so kids can stop treating the surrounding themeing as a plaything.)

Kids treating theming as a plaything is a worldwide issue, only at Chessington after landing themselves in very hot water, have freaked out and decided that everything needs to be low and not at height. Continue to watch as the jokers of Chessington's H&S department flatten the entire park. Every other theme park can have queue lines and theming at height and can manage it, but simply not at knee-jerk Chessington.

Just wait when they realize all those wooden fences and bridges at Zufari are about to start collapsing.. Didn't think about the long term. Silly billies.

• 3 months later...

Was a very misguided decision to put them in the queue really. they looked worse than gullivers land theming and would have cost less than you think to actually have them animate again.

The store room they used to be in is huge and not used for anything, they could have stayed in there to be recycled later (chances are the pneumatics were still workable)

• 4 months later...