Nemesis

Dan9

The cover photo on the Twitter page (twitter.com/altontlc) shows that they're giving it the rust effect. The track is meant to be a white shade, it's the bones of the alien. It's not just going to be painted white, if anything it looks like they're putting a lot into the rusting effect by the cover photo. They're painting Nemesis, it means they're giving it some attention. So maybe they'll deal with the station and clean out the waterfalls so they aren't clogged with moss (even if we'll never see the red water run again).

The irony, people want Merlin to repaint rides and when they do, people complain.

I'm not complaining. If Air's been painted, it just leaves forest, smiler and mine train to sort.

I for one never wanted Nemesis to be repainted. It looked perfect, now it looks like a Six Flags invert. It's too white and I hate it. It looks like thet tipped a celebrity's teeth whitener on it.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

The cover photo on the Twitter page (twitter.com/altontlc) shows that they're giving it the rust effect. The track is meant to be a white shade, it's the bones of the alien. It's not just going to be painted white, if anything it looks like they're putting a lot into the rusting effect by the cover photo. They're painting Nemesis, it means they're giving it some attention. So maybe they'll deal with the station and clean out the waterfalls so they aren't clogged with moss (even if we'll never see the red water run again).

Good.

you have to repaint rides sometimes otherwise they rust. I like the white, it makes it stand out and it gets away from merlin's obsession with black and grey. Before nemesis looked tired, this should bring it back to some of its former glory.

But it looks great rusty. This is awful.

Nemesis was never covered in real rust, certainly not to any significant point, obviously. Track gets inspected regularly an all coasters so this would not be allowed to happen.

In regards to the paint job... A lot of effort was made to paint Nemesis a certain way when it was new, so that it looked artistically rusty and stained. It should not be plain white. Most proper painters should be able to recreate the original texture, but how likely is that to happen when they probably just want to get the job done quickly? I hope they pay it proper attention..

The white layer or the red layer seen in the photos is certainly a primer coating and the other a base colour, just we have no way of knowing which is which yet. Don't judge on the first photo you see